22

After their day had gone so well, the two felt over the moon still and continued their cuddle session on the couch until Jisung's stomach growled. Checking the time, the pair had to realize that their lunch had already been quite a while back. Minho jumped off the couch, announcing: "Let's cook together today. I'm actually quite good at cooking and doing it together will be so much fun!" - "Okay, sure", the rapper beamed, "What are we going to cook though? I'm not sure, I have many ingredients at home." They made their way to the kitchen where Minho rummaged through the fridge and freezer before turning to Jisung with his eyebrows furrowed. Sure, he had seen the other eat mostly ramen and rice with left-over take-out but still, he had thought the rapper would have more healthy stuff at home. Raising his hands in defense, Jisung frowned: "What would I do with stuff that I don't know how to prepare?" Minho sighed and checked a few more cupboards.

The hybrid collected rice, eggs and a frozen vegetable mix. "The veggies expired two months ago and you didn't even get around to open the bag? Frozen stuff lasts an eternity, so how long have they been in there to have the time to expire?", Minho asked worriedly, shaking the bag in front of Jisung. Biting his lip in shame, the rapper admitted: "I've had those ever since I moved in. They were only there to convince my mom I was eating healthy." Facepalming, the older ripped the bag open and sniffed it. "It's still alright to eat", Minho announced, using his hybrid senses, "We'll have more of that stuff from now on and I'll teach you how to cook it in a way that also tastes good." Jisung nodded obediently, curiously scanning the ingredients his hyung had picked out. He had no idea what the older was intending to cook with those. Noticing his confused look, Minho sighed: "We'll have vegetable stir-fry with egg-fried rice, I know you know how to cook rice, so go ahead and then I'll show you how to thaw the veggies fast."

When the vegetables had thawed, Jisung looked at them in distaste. They looked even less appealing after being frozen than he would've expected. "Sungie, I promise it'll taste good", Minho laughed at the pouting boy but Jisung still had his doubts. Smelling the thawed but still cold vegetables, the rapper frowned: "That doesn't smell good. Are you sure it's still edible?" - "That's how it's supposed to smell raw", the older sighed, "And yes, I'm sure. My senses are stronger, so I would've noticed if it had gone bad. You just want an excuse not to eat it." Blushing at being found out, Jisung toyed with the wooden spoon and whined but didn't really have any more arguments. He intended to only watch Minho cook because he found the older looked really attractive, knowing exactly what he had to do, while Jisung stood there clueless. That didn't last for long though as the hybrid started giving him more and more tasks, only supervising him. Minho insisted that he wanted the younger to learn how to take care of himself and that started with being able to prepare healthy food.

By the time they were done cooking, Jisung was drenched in sweat. He hadn't expected to get so stressed as he barely managed to safe their food from being burned. Minho had the time of his life, watching the boy struggle but helped him before anything could get burned. He helped Jisung dish their food and took the plates to the dining table while the rapper only had to put the frying pan back down. Minho didn't notice how but he heard a pained hiss and spun around to see the younger with tears in his eyes as the pan cluttered onto the counter. Rushing over, the hybrid dragged Jisung towards the sink and held his hand under the running tap. His own hand freezing as the cold water ran over their skin.

"What happened, Sungie?", Minho asked worriedly, glancing at the reddening spot on the rapper's hand. Using his uninjured hand to rub at his eyes, Jisung sniffled: "I don't know. I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and my hand ended up slipping." - "Now why would you do that?", the older scolded. The truth was, he had gotten a pretty bad scare. The only reply was a choked sob, Jisung clamping his free hand over his lips to silence himself. Wrapping his free hand around the boy's waist, Minho kept the other hand under the running water while also holding the younger to his chest and hummed: "You need to be careful, Sungie. What had you so distracted that you couldn't even watch your own hands?" - "It kinda did smell tasty", Jisung shrugged, a silent tear running down his chubby cheek, "I was surprised because it actually looked and smelled like something I'd like to eat." With a sigh, Minho lifted his hand to the rapper's face and gently wiped the tear away, reminding: "I promised you it would, didn't I? Now, please tell me where the first-aid kit is so I can take care of your hand."