ChangLix Bonus 1

“Hey, Lix”, Changbin hummed, when his mate finally picked up his phone, “I really loved seeing you again these past days, though we didn’t really have time to ourselves. Do you think once your exams are over, we could do something, like, just the two of us? I miss you but I don’t wanna add to your stress, so….” There was some shuffling on the other end of the line and Changbin waited anxiously for Felix’ reply. The Aussie’s voice came out a little scratchy and he sounded so incredibly tired when he muttered: “I miss you too, hyung. Are you busy right now?” – “Nothing I couldn’t postpone for you”, the rapper shrugged, a faint smile tugging at his lips, “What are you thinking?” – “Well, it’s not like I’m much fun right now because my head hurts but there’s no use in studying with how tired I am, so maybe we could order delivery and watch a movie together”, Felix proposed, absentmindedly massaging his temples, “’m honestly really craving some cuddles.”

A quiet evening sounded absolutely perfect to Changbin, so he beamed: “Do you wanna come over or should I? I could pick up takeout on the way and if you fall asleep during the movie, I can just see myself out, so you won’t be sleep deprived because of me tomorrow.” Felix’ heart grew all warm and soft. His mate was so considerate and protective of him. “That sounds prefect. You can grab whatever you feel hungry for, I have no preference”, he smiled, glancing around the mess of books and papers in his room, “Just give me a call once you get here and I’ll let you in.” They were about to end the call when Felix added: “Do you think you could also bring some painkillers? I ran out recently and haven’t had the chance to restock.” Now, normally, he would’ve asked his mother but she was traveling back and forth between Australia and Korea working in both, real estate and interior design, so she wouldn’t be back to Korea till the end of the week.

When the call ended, Felix rushed to clean up as best he could, afraid what his mate might think of the mess. Did cleaning up even do the job when the real mess was him? Sniffling softly, the hybrid shuffled to the bathroom and washed his face. His eyes were still puffy from crying earlier. It hadn’t even been a big deal, Felix scolded himself. He had felt lonely with his friends and mate busy and his mom out of the country. That combined with the amount of school work he was facing, had completely overwhelmed him, so hopefully Changbin would manage to take his mind off of things. Felix scrubbed at his face till he was certain the last remnants of his tear tracks were gone before tired ruffling his disheveled hair. It looked soft as it fell messily around his cat ears, so he decided against styling it and only applied some chapstick before reaching for his phone when the device started ringing.

Changbin almost dropped their sushi when the door opened and Felix tackled him in a hug. Realizing his mate had his ears visible, Changbin gently pushed the younger back into the apartment and shut the door. Felix looked embarrassed as he released the rapper from the overly tight embrace, avoiding eye contact. He mentally scolded himself for being so attacking the other with his affection before even giving him a chance to come inside. Sure, he had missed him a lot but he knew better than to lose control like that. Watching Felix’ ears droop, Changbin set down their food and stepped closer. He gently pulled the Aussie into a hug and frowned: “I missed you, Lix. How’re you doing? And I mean really. You already sounded exhausted on the phone but you look even worse.”

Felix pouted softly. He had tried his best to look presentable but it seemed he had failed. “Tired and overwhelmed, I guess”, Felix sniffled into his sweater paw as he leant against the rapper’s chest. Changbin gently rubbed his back and hummed: “Sounds like you’ll be having an early bedtime tonight.” The younger chuckled bitterly at that. If only he could sleep. There was no use in going to bed early if it meant to lay there, staring at the ceiling while his thoughts spiraled. He had always had a hard time sleeping when he was alone. When he was younger, he always had to hug someone or else he wouldn’t be able to sleep. It wasn’t as bad anymore but having the apartment to himself and drowning in the eerie silence made sleeping close to impossible.