81

I couldn't leave you hanging....

Chan breathed a sigh of relieve when he heard a low meow as Felix nuzzled against his leg. The hybrid was quite out of breath, considering he had just run all the way to his cousin but after greeting the older, he made a higher pitched sound, calling out for Minho. "He went into the bushes right there but I've been calling for him and I also can't see him behind the branches. Not sure where he went after that", Chan explained anxiously, running his hand through his hair, which was starting to curl more from how much he has already been messing with it. Sniffing the leaves, Felix squeezed himself between the branches. By now, Minho could be anywhere especially because he knew his way around from his days living out on the streets but Felix doubted it. He'd probably seek out a place where he felt safe, so maybe Minho was already on his way back to Jisung's apartment or in one of the places he used to stay in before like at the back of the café.

"At least put those on", Changbin urged, pressing a scarf and a beanie into Jisung's hands, "Can't risk you getting worse. You won't be of any help for Minho then. Is the medicine working yet? Wouldn't want you fainting while we're out." – "Hyung, I'm fine", Jisung sighed but obediently wrapped the scarf around his neck. The older doubted it but he knew if it was Felix missing, he wouldn't stay behind while his friends searched either and that was without the Aussie being a little like Minho. Linking their arms, Changbin led the younger to meet Chan. The Aussie was crouched in front of the bush Felix had wiggled his way into and tried to see where the younger was going. He startled when Changbin greeted him, informing: "Felix' already in there, trying to follow Minho's scent and tracks to see where he might be hiding. Sung, I'm so, so sorry." Jisung only nodded, feeling numb. Straightening up, Chan added: "Do you know where he used to stay before you found him? Any place where he felt remotely save and might have gone back to?" – "I only know about the café", the younger rasped with a grimace. He could feel himself grow weak in the knees again and cursed himself for being so weak. Although he tried to play it off after insisting on coming along, Changbin noticed and eased him down onto the pavement close to the building, so the younger could rest his back against the façade.

Considering that was in the opposite direction from Jisung's apartment, the rapper ruled that out rather quickly. He startled when he heard a loud meow. It wasn't Minho but Felix reappeared between the twigs, shaking off leaves and giving another meow. "You found him?", Chan asked full of hope and his cousin nudged his ankle in confirmation. Jisung had only spoken a single sentence but Minho had heard and recognized him. The little wouldn't let himself be convinced that it was his dada though, remembering his mate was back at home. Padding over to Jisung, Felix stoop up with his front paws on the rapper's shoulder and reached for his beanie. When he reached out his paw again, Changbin spoke: "He wants your beanie, Sung." Though confused, Jisung took it off and handed it to Felix how immediately sunk his teeth into it, dragging it into the underbrush with some struggle while 3racha watched curiously.

Minho was terrified. He didn't think he'd find himself out on the streets again but that was exactly where he was. It had been a great relief when Felix found him. He knew the Aussie and felt safe with him. Not as safe as he felt with Jisung but it was still better than nothing. Minho thought he might have heard his mate but he had seen how sick and weak his caregiver had been earlier, he decided his fever-muddled brain had made that up. Felix had tried to coax the other hybrid out but feeling so vulnerable, Minho didn't dare move from his hiding place in the slightest and cried silently when the Aussie turned and left him there.

There was a rustling between the leaves and Minho thought he smelled Jisung, perking up when he realized that Felix had returned to him after all. Minho's nose twitched as he sniffed, now certain that he could smell his dada's scent. Now he also realized what Felix was carrying between his teeth. It was Jisung's beanie. One that he too had worn time and time again. Felix got closer and let the kitten nuzzle into the soft material to deeply inhale his mate's scent. Quickly taking a step back, Felix tugged the beanie just out of reach from Minho. He earned a betrayed look as the little reached out his paw, whimpering hoarsely when he couldn't grasp it. Minho really wanted that beanie. No, he needed that beanie. In his desperation to take Jisung's beanie from Felix, Minho crawled a few centimeters closer only to have the Aussie retreat further. How dare he?!

Felix had to suppress a laugh at the angry glare his fellow hybrid shot him. Mainly because it was more adorable than anything else. As he moved the beanie further and further away, Minho tried to growl at him but only managed a high-pitched squeak before his voice cut out. He didn't even notice that he stumbled out of the bush and out onto the sidewalk, his sole focus on the beanie in front of him.

Minho's heart stopped when there were hands on him, his paws suddenly off the ground. Hissing, he clawed at his assailant with all the energy he had left as his heart raced in his chest. "Ssh, Min. Hey, it's me, kitten", Jisung shushed, trying not to drop the squirming hybrid. It didn't take long till his hands were covered in scratches but he had managed not to get scratched in the face. Realizing who it was, Minho seized his fighting and let Jisung hold him against his chest. He nuzzled his face into his caregiver's scarf, deeply inhaling the rapper's scent as he tried to recover from the scare. Petting the little's ears, Jisung whispered: "I'm sorry I gave you such a scare, kitten."

Still indulging his mate with head pats, the boy didn't catch the conversation between his hyungs and shot Changbin a confused look when he realized that Chan was gone. "Chan-hyung is going to fill Minho's prescription before meeting us at your place. Let's get the two of you home now, hm?", Changbin smiled. He shot Felix a questioning look, which reminded Jisung that the other hybrid was still there with them. Giving the Aussie a tired smile, Jisung rasped: "Thanks, Lix. If you wanna come too, you can borrow some of my clothes, if not, I hope you enjoy your day." Felix meowed, rubbing himself against Changbin's leg. He'd come too.

Feeling Minho tremble in his arms, Jisung worriedly glanced down at the feverish little. Changbin noticed it too, humming: "Can you give me your scarf?" The younger nodded, allowing the rapper to take his scarf. Changbin then also took Minho, carefully wrapping the hybrid into Jisung's scarf. He wasn't good in taking care of littles but he knew how to make a kitten cozy. With a shy smile, he handed the bundle back to Jisung. Cooing, the younger rocked his mate in his arms, the little quickly drifting off to sleep in the warmth of his cocoon. The trip had truly exhausted him.

Jisung too was dead on his feet when they finally got back to his apartment. Minho had slept through the entire walk back, which the rapper as thankful for. Stumbling a little as he kicked off his shoes, Jisung let Changbin walk him to the couch and weakly sat down with Minho in his lap. He smiled when Felix hopped onto the couch next to him, sniffing the scarf bundle. The Aussie gently nuzzled Minho's ear, making Jisung coo over how careful he was with the other. As Felix kept nosing at the scarf, the bundle slowly came apart. Squeezing his eyes shut, Minho did a big stretch and yawned cutely. A low purr rumbled in Felix' chest as he started to groom the little. As Jisung watched in awe, Changbin walked up next to him, smiling: "Aren't they adorable?" – "This is so sweet", the younger whispered, heart growing soft. Felix continued to purr quietly, realizing how well it comforted Minho, who closed his eyes against and curled up tightly. Curling up around the other, Felix nuzzled his fellow hybrid's ears and successfully lured him back to sleep.