39

Working at a café in addition to being a dancer, Minho soon found himself busier than he had been in a while. It still wasn't that much, compared to his two jobs and the dance classes he had taken but he still had to get used to it. His dance practice with Hyunjin and Felix sometimes had to be adjusted around his shifts at the café, which the oldest dancer felt really guilty for. It wasn't like Hyunjin and Felix were free the entire time, the still had classes and had to practice in their free time. Still, the two always managed to arrange their practice, so Minho would be able to attend his shifts at the café, understanding how important a steady income was for their hyung. Minho had also told them about Seungmin and Jeongin, so all of them knew about another hybrid-human-couple being around. He was quite certain, Jisung had already told Chan and Changbin about the pair as they wanted their friends to be aware of such relationships. For one, they wanted them to be mentally prepared for when Minho and Jisung made it official and two, they wanted Changbin to have some knowledge, so he wouldn't be too confused when Felix would tell him.

To try and make that happen faster, the friends had decided to hangout together during the following weekend and they were already planning all kinds of games that would hopefully force someone to spill some tea. Minho also had a burning question, wanting to have Seungmin and Jeongin join their group of friends but he didn't talk to the others yet. He himself had been an addition to the original friend group, so he didn't see himself in any position to just invite somebody else along. Hyunjin and Felix could tell though, that their hyung was whipped for the younger couple. Not in a romantic way but he completely adored them and kept talking about them a lot, to the point, it seemed he wanted to adopt them. Who could blame him though? Minho showed them a picture of the four of them on their double lunch date and the other dancers agreed, they were so cute. Chan and Changbin already knew about Jeongin from when they helped Minho and Jeongin with their bad work situation but they didn't know about Seungmin yet, so Jisung readily told them how they were in the progress of finding new baristas and letting the bullies go.

He also recounted how they had met the boy's overprotective boyfriend, who also happened to be another hybrid, and that the couple were mates. As Jisung set about explaining what mates are, he had to realize that Chan already knew a lot. "Oh yeah, Felix told me some stuff", the Aussie chuckled, when the younger looked at him dumbfounded, "You and Minho are mates, right? Ah no, that's not the stuff Felix told me, so don't kill him but I'm not blind. We all know you're dating, so I just assumed you were mates with how protective you are." - "What?", Jisung stammered confused, "Felix didn't tell you?" - "Sungie, how oblivious do you think we are?", Changbin laughed, patting his dongsaeng's back. Pouting softly, the younger muttered: "And no, we're not dating. I haven't even asked him out yet but we agreed that he's mine and I'm his, so I don't know. It's like we skipped that step." While Jisung still dwelled on how their relationship would be comparable to relationships between two humans, Changbin found the courage to get a burning question off his chest: "Has Felix found his mate yet?"

Chan and Jisung both knew that Changbin was Felix' mate, as the younger had told them about it but how do they best answer? Yes, he had found his mate but no, his mate didn't know that yet. "Huh, why are you asking?", Chan hummed, studying the other's reaction. Playing with the rings on his fingers, Changbin shrugged: "I-I dunno, he's cute but if he's destined to be with someone specific anyway, what use would there be in asking him out?" - "You like him?", Jisung smiled, already excited to deliver the news to Felix later. The older just shrugged again. "I don't know, I certainly don't hate him and it makes me happy when he's around", Changbin muttered, more than uncomfortable with this conversation. Not wanting to torture him longer than necessary, Chan smiled: "If you think you do, you should probably ask him out. It might help you figure out what you feel for him."

They resumed their work after Changbin insisted he needed some time to think and sort out his feelings, so the topic was dropped for the time being. They were close to completing their next album, which would be released together with the dance performance by their friends. It'd hopefully help them reach a broader audience and the group was excited to share their music with even more people. Still, Jisung was more excited for Felix, knowing that the Aussie's mate liked him back. When the older two were distracted, he pulled out his phone and texted Minho the news, the hybrid of course, overjoyed for his dongsaeng, knowing all too well how it felt thinking you wouldn't be able to have the one you loved the most. Minho couldn't be happier than right now. He had his mate and for the first time in his life, he had a group of friends, who knew him the way he was and loved him all the same. Their work with the choreography was going well and they'd soon be able to record it and show the world.

In the late afternoon, Minho, Hyunjin and Felix split up. The younger too remained in the practice room and continued going over their moves, while Minho had to leave for the café to attend his late shift. 3racha purposefully took a break around the same time, so Jisung could walk the other to the café after not seeing the hybrid all day. He'd also get some coffee for his hyungs and himself as it might help them be more focused and finish more today. The pair held hands as they made their way to the café, discussing what they had both learned today. Jisung gave Minho a more detailed recollection of their talk with Changbin and the older finally found the courage to address him wanting to introduce Seungmin and Jeongin to their group. Jisung was immediately on board with the plan. Although he hadn't met the couple that often, he could tell they were fun to be around and Seungmin being a hybrid would fit right in with Minho and Felix. They were too busy right now but Jisung promised, he'd talk to Chan and Changbin about it soon. The wide smile that had spread on Minho's face hearing that reply, would surely last till the end of his shift.

After picking up three cups of coffee, the rapper said 'goodbye' and headed back to the studio. He planned on picking Minho up after his shift too, which shouldn't be too difficult, considering how late the hybrid's shift ended. What Jisung hadn't expected though, was how many new ideas they had when they resumed their work in the studio. Frequently coming up with new bits and pieces, 3racha worked tirelessly to note them all down, so they wouldn't forget any of them. They also didn't stop to eat dinner, coffee being the only thing fueling them and before they knew it, there was a hesitant knock. Chan got up and opened the studio door, looking surprised when he found Minho. "Oh, he Min", the Aussie greeted, "I didn't think you'd be back so quick. Didn't your shift last till ten in the evening?" - "Yes, it did", the hybrid frowned, "That was thirty minutes ago, so I thought I'd check on you three. I thought Jisung was going to meet me afterwards but when he didn't, I got worried."

"Hang on, it's ten already?", Jisung gasped, getting out of his chair, "I didn't mean to forget you, hyung. I promise." - "It's fine, Sung. I figured you'd be too absorbed in your work", Minho sighed, sitting down on the couch, "Oh, by the way, I brought dinner for all three of you because I'm pretty sure you didn't eat yet." He handed Jisung a large paper bag filled with different pastries, the younger breaking into a wide grin. His smile only grew when Minho produced another smaller bag, containing a slice of cheesecake. 3racha was taken aback at the large amount of food the hybrid had brought them from the café he worked at. "Those are the reason I love late shifts", Minho giggled, "The baristas who close up the café for the night, are allowed to take the pastries that haven't been bought because everything that doesn't get eaten that day will end up in the trash. I've been told the cheesecake is really good, so I thought of you, Sungie. Haven't tried it for obvious reasons but I hope you like it. Oh, and there are a few chocolate lava cakes. They're amazing, you should try them." The rappers were stunned but gladly accepted the treats after barely eating all day. The sugar gave them enough energy to continue their work, while Minho shifted into his cat form and napped on Jisung's lap till they were done and ready to head home.