Chapter 31

This chapter contains references to sexual violence. Reader discretion is advised.

Safania's POV

Prince Orphasius strode confidently into the kitchen. "What are you doing here?" he asked with his signature smirk plastered on his face.

"Baking," I replied, already uncomfortable.

"Baking for what?" he asked, walking closer to me.

"It's Emalina's birthday," I replied, while continuing to mix the frosting.

"Who?" he asked, confused.

"My maid," I replied, growing even more uncomfortable the closer he got. At this point he was standing right behind me while I continued to mix. Should I call for help? Grab a weapon? But then again, he hadn't done anything at this point.

"Your maid? Aren't you cute," he said. I could hear the amusement in his voice. "I should probably make sure it's good though. I'm sure you could use a tester."

Before I could respond, he firmly grabbed my hand and dipped one of my fingers in the frosting. Then he spun me around, swiftly brought it to his mouth, and licked the frosting off while staring into my eyes.

"Delicious," he said.

I yanked my hand away and turned back around.

"Relax," Orphasius said mockingly. "We're just having fun."

I didn't respond. Orphasius pulled himself up to sit on the counter next to where I was working.

"So how have you been? It must be terribly lonely now that Cassius is gone. That whole wing just to yourself. If you need someone to hold at night while Cassius isn't here, I would be more than happy to help you out."

"No thank you," I said simply.

"Safania, I guarantee you that I am a thousand times better than my brother at satisfying a woman. Let me prove it to you."

"No thank you," I repeated firmly.

Orphasius watched me, still smirking. I went back to mixing, hoping he would go away but knowing I wouldn't be that lucky.

"At least tell me," he said finally. "How is my brother? I've never had the pleasure of talking to one of his companions before."

Orphasius jumped off the counter and walked behind me again, whispering in my ear. "Does he whisper sweet nothings while he gently makes love to you? Or is he mercilessly rough?"

I didn't respond.

"Come on Safania," Orphasius coaxed. "Give me something! I mean it's no secret the two of you are having sex."

I still didn't respond but tried to keep my face as controlled as possible. Unfortunately, I never had much of a poker face.

"Unless...you two aren't having sex..." Orphasius said slowly.

I tried to ignore Orphasius, but I knew my face had already given it away.

"No way," Orphasius said in disbelief. "This is too good! Are you serious? My brother has someone looking like you just sitting up in his corner of the castle and he hasn't even touched you? Is he impotent? He can't get it up?"

"No," I said through gritted teeth.

"You're not his type? He's not into women? I knew it."

"Maybe he actually respects women, unlike his brothers," I said pointedly.

Orphasius laughed. "Respect? What is there to respect? You're a runaway slave."

I didn't respond. Orphasius continued to walk around the kitchen while thinking aloud.