life in the city

scene: spring, '017, manchester, 14:34

"this is what happens when you lose a game of  flinch"  jadon said as he recorded and mocked his friend ian, who was picking up all the balls after training.

"ballboy duties" he continued with a pang of laughter in his speech.

"shut up man" ian recanted.

jadon continued with his laughter but put his phone away.

"all seriousness tho, what you doing for your 17th, it's creepin up" queried ian.

jadon's face moulded in to fit of confusion and uncertainty.

"you should go somewhere nice, go back to london, be with your fam and friends." ian insisted.

"nah man, why you pressuring me and since when do you care about birthdays, you don't even celebrate your own" said jadon.

"that's literally besides the point literally, you know how our matches for next week got postponed, you can go for one, two days" ian continued.

"cant lie, carlo, you're acting boookie - you can be bare funny sometimes" jadon stated with laughter in his speech.

"on a real ting, you should." ian ended it with that and lugged away two bags balls on his back.

...

6:57 pm

reiss
yo wys

jadon
nm, wys

reiss
birthday soon ahlie,
come down to OT

jadon
bruv , you're literally the second
person that's bugged my bout bday
settings today.

reiss
just come down you waste man

jadon
snm

now persuaded, jadon was going to go back to london in two days to celebrate his birthday.

"two more weeks of physiotherapy and we'll slowly integrate you into training again" said the physiotherapist informed the girl who had recently got her brace off.

four weeks ago, amarachi suffered a knee injury in a champions league match against barcelona feminines. she didn't need surgery but needed to wear a brace to make sure everything healed and repaired itself in the place.

now four weeks later she could walk, but professionals around her advised her not to do any complex or hard exercises that would stress her knee. so she was bored, very bored.

8:21 pm

lauren 💙
girl i can't lie you've
been looking so
depressed lately 😭

amarachi
i haven't kicked ball in
like a month , can you
blame me.🧍🏾‍♀️

lauren 💙
true, let's go out,  cheer you up
I can't stand seeing you like this.

amarachi
fine ( im only  agreeing because i
actually haven't been anywhere in time.

she put her phone on chest and looked up to the ceiling she just wanted to return to her game

*ping*

074 967 513
you free tomorrow?

amarachi
who is this?