goodbye (for now)

"you got all your stuff?"

"i think so"

ama was moving out of her room and going to jadon's because her booking ended at 12pm but her flight wasn't until 6 that evening. the two were walking out of the room, when jadon stopped as something caught his eye. he turned around and unplugged something from the wall. it was ama's phone charger.

"wait, your charger!"

"what would i have done if i'd left this eh?"

"i would've written letters if i had to" jadon said while snaking his arms around her waist.

"not with your terrible handwriting" she said as ruffled his hair, before grabbing her suitcases and heading towards he lift.

the pair were in the lift and the lighting was a lot brighter. there was also a mirror at the back and through this mirror ama could see a red mark in jadon's arm. she frowned and peered closer to see another red mark and a purple and blue one. even though he had tattoos they were very visible - angel wings aren't supposed to be red and she'd never noticed a purple rose on him before. she looked at his face through the mirror and realised there was bruise on the right side of his right eyebrow but it was yellow and green. how had she not noticed this before? maybe she was seeing things?

she stopped looking at the mirror and looked at him directly. and that revealed an array of injuries. his knuckles were cut and bruised. his arms bruised. his top lip superficially cut and his veins more visible than usual.

she stepped towards him and took his arm.

"jadon, what happened last night?"

...
(yesterday 01:42 am)

jadon heard the door lock, knowing that ama was safe and he made his way to the elevator. as he heard the ping to signal it was open he looked up from his phone and saw one of the last people he wanted to see on a good night, in the corner of the elevator on his phone. but jadon wasn't going to step back and wait for another one like a pussio so he just went in, he didn't have to talk to him.

he could see the guy through the mirror and remembered that he was the reason that he and ama had their little argument, because he kissed her. the thought of him touching her sickened him especially as he knew she didn't want the kiss and he filled with anger. he was the reason why ama stayed in bed, wasting limited time they had together it was all because of him and because he wanted her. ama didn't want him but he didn't seem to catch on and kept on begging it. so jadon let him know that she was his...

"hey ama! have you got my jumper?, yeah i think i left it in your room"
"..."
"oh, don't worry about it, i know how cold you get at night, keep it"
"..."
"night, love you"
"..."

and he ended the call with that.

callum knew jadon was in the elevator, even though he didn't look up from his phone once. to him jadon had a familiar bad vibe that lingered around but when he heard ama's name he instantly zoned in on the conversation and the image on his phone shifted into a background blur. jadon finishing the conversation with "love you" just confirmed his idea that there was something going on between them. and by the tone of jadon's voice he could tell he was doing it to make him jealous.

"bare childish, you don't own her you know"

jadon looked around the 4x4 meter elevator pretending he didn't know who callum was talking to but eventually responded.

"course i don't own her, im not a possessive lunatic - but she's still my girl"

"sure about that?"