Chapter Ten

Esme searched around town for any sign of Cindy. She didn't want to drive up to Uden or deal with Bella. Scarlett is enough to deal with, but Bella just reminds her of a mom who won't let her kids play. Maybe she's turning into one of those stalker girlfriends.

She opened Cindy's house door, looking around breathlessly in the house. "Cindy!" she gasped, looking around the rooms.

Esme could feel one of her scrapes open on her foot, the pain striking. Emma won't heal them because she now refuses since she injures them too much.

In a bedroom, she spotted Cindy staring at her. "Great! Okay, I need you to bring me to the power plant!" Esme exclaimed.

"Why?" she asked.

"I need to make sure Lukey is actually dead and deal with Greyson," Esme explained.

"Just you alone?" Cindy asked. "What about Jason or Jade?"

"The housewife is keeping him home, and Jade is..." She couldn't remember where Jade had gone. "We'll go see Jason and Bella, then we'll go."

Cindy gripped her hand as they found themselves in the living room. Looking around, Esme realized that it had been awhile since she had been here.

"Maybe she poisoned him," Esme whispered.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Cindy mumbled as she took a seat on the couch.

"Shouldn't we just rush around and find them?" Esme mumbled.

"Might snap her out of that phase," Cindy mumbled, pulling her purple tuque down with crossed arms.

"Oh, so we're like ninjas?" Esme gasped, Cindy nodded as Esme put up a thumb. Speed Demon the Ninja had a nice ring.

"Wait, let's duck behind the couch," Cindy whispered.

They crawled behind it as Esme peered overtop. She heard footsteps as Bella walked into the kitchen, unaware of their presence. She wanted to burst into laughter but kept her face neutral.

Bella grabbed a dirty rag and brought it back into the bedroom. "Are we just going to spy until they see us?" Esme whispered.

"We'll wait until she comes back and scare her," Cindy grumbled.

Esme liked that plan. She didn't realize Cindy had become such a badass since Melany died. They waited as Bella came back into the kitchen.

"Boo!" Esme called, Bella jumped and almost stumbled to the ground. Esme laughed as Cindy stared at her with a neutral expression.

"What are you two doing here?" Bella asked, eyeing Cindy more than herself.

"Esme wants to go back to the power plant, but it's stupid for her to go alone." Cindy explained with crossed arms.

"I'm not going with you," Bella informed them.

"Jason," Esme beamed as Bella eyed her.

"He's injured," she said plainly.

"Apparently, if I go alone, I might die," Esme groaned as she flopped herself onto the couch.

Bella seemed unimpressed with them, even being in the house. "God says it's safer to stay indoors," she stated.

"You sound like Eden," Esme said, holding her stomach in laughter.

"You know, at any given moment, this house could break, and then you would die," Cindy said plainly. "I'll check at the power plant."

Cindy bopped away, coming back a second later. It made Esme wonder who else would end up going to that place.

"I saw Preston, Nevaeh, and two others. The girl had been on the floor laughing and pointing at the ceiling," Cindy said.