Chapter Twenty-Six

They drove down a road as Yara knitted her eyebrows together. It was so dark everywhere that Nevaeh wasn't sure how they could even see where they were going.

"Why are you coming?" Yara asked.

"Because I enjoy gossip," Nevaeh said. "And secret missions."

River had his lips pressed together. "They might get into those fancy cleaning products. If they break them, I don't care," he said casually.

Nevaeh wouldn't be surprised if a wall ended up being destroyed before they got there. She assumed it wouldn't be Greyson and Scarlett that would break it, but Tumnles and Preston. Considering they are probably staying away from them, they will end up destroying something.

"I wish I got to go relax there," Yara complained. "Wait, isn't Sunny's soon?"

Nevaeh felt a light spark inside as she grinned. Visiting Sunny's she'd would learn the latest gossip about what Jason has been doing or where the housewife has gone.

"It is; we should pay a visit. You turn down the next road," Nevaeh said.

River made a slippery turn as it sent them skidding before Nevaeh spotted the bent sign of Sunny's. Snow had been piled high everywhere, with some trailers pushed together. In the summer, this may be nice, but not with all the snow.

"Pull in there," Mark said.

River turned in, and the first person they spotted was Jason. His eyebrows had been knitted, and his hands were ready to shoot. At first, he didn't recognize River until he spotted Mark.

"Yo!" Mark waved.

"What are you doing? I'm guessing you aren't here for a nighttime drive," Jason said dryly.

Yara laughed and rolled down the window. "A deadly mission from Zane."

"You're doing the last resort, right?" James asked, walking over with Jade.

"Are you guys crazy?" Jason freaked out.

"Pretty sure we are, bro," Mark implied.

"The place is looking decent," Nevaeh said as she leaned forward, seeing how organized it was.

"We have water here," Jason stated. "Have you guys heard any news about the baby?"

Nevaeh widened her eyes and leaned over River and out the window. "What baby?" she gasped.

"The baby stopped the storm," James implied.

Nevaeh was going to find that mother. The island would be a good start because there are people staying there.

"Well, that's quite eventful. I'll try and find that mother," Nevaeh implied. She just wanted to track her down for the gossip. Mia might actually freak out upon hearing about it.

"Let me know when my brother wants me in town." Jason trailed off with a sigh.

Nevaeh leaned back inside as River rolled up the window. Flopping back in her seat, she couldn't control the grin on her face. Someone was having a baby in this deadly place.

Nevaeh knew people's relationships like an open book. She knew who someone liked, kissed, or even cheated on. She felt like TMZ by revealing all the latest gossip she'd heard. Everyone around here is lustful, whether they like someone or want to fight for a boy.

Nobody would intend to have a baby at whatever age. From the basic facts she knew, unprotected sex happens, which many didn't exactly know if they were young. All of it seemed like a math equation that had to fit together. She'd have to cross off those who definitely wouldn't or didn't even want to have it.