Chapter Thrity-Three

Despite losing control of her body, Ashley could still hear the words around her. She didn't want people to die or for this to become the expectation of everything that happened. Although she had been envious, she would never wish someone dead.

Although Ashley had witnessed people being thrown, goddess had humiliated her in ways bullies couldn't. It yanked her hair out or turned her skin crimson red. God didn't like being treated that way. Goddess may be evil, but god as well. Why did she have to fall into that ditch?

Staring around in the darkness, Ashley was herself. She wasn't that faint echo in god's ear, but somehow the girl she had been. She gripped a narrow tree trunk, leaning her head against it, and trying to figure out where she was. Everything far away was blurry, and her head ached from everything god had done to her own body.

"Are you defying my orders?"

She didn't answer, but she could hear that voice in her mind. God was aware the mutant child had fear within this place. Ashley liked children, and she didn't want the child to die.

She would need to alert someone or somebody, though. If the child lived, they could survive, which left her trembling with the knowledge of what would happen.

Staring around at the dark highway filled with snow, she stepped on it. The child had melted the high thickness of the snow, which seemed inhuman. It went up to her own knees, but it had been a baby that caused the decreasing.

God didn't understand how a baby worked, but Ashley did. God didn't take the knowledge of anything because she's nothing but a pimple to god.

She staggered her way toward town, her head pounding. Even if people shot her, she couldn't be killed. All of it twisted around in her mind. Warn about the child and that the mother should go where it's safe.

She had to warn them that god would be able to have all abilities in six months. She had to spread the news because they had to know and not have them die.

Ashley stumbled and landed flat on the ground. She rolled onto her back and gazed at the bubble enclosing them. It had all been her creation, something that just happened with a single thought. Some girls had been bullying her, and she had wished for them to disappear. They had, which left her confused with everything that had happened.

Standing, she continued down the road, even if it had been a blur. Darkness surrounded the area as she squinted her eyes. There was no light anywhere since that storm destroyed it all.

Ashley felt tears in her eyes since the storm killed Izzy, one of her friends. Emma had been having a mental breakdown, Jason had been exhausted from handling everything, and Greyson was still planning.

"You won't win," she spat.

Goddess is cruel, murderous, and mocking. It doesn't want god alive, nor does Ashley. Seeing something speeding at her, she stopped and felt her whole body slice into tiny pieces.

"Woah, it actually worked!" Esme exclaimed, holding up a piece of barbed wire.

"You need to be warned that god will have all its powers soon," Ashley rasped.

"I thought you were god?" Esme asked.

Ashley watched her body mould together, with bloody scratches dripping down her body. She hated that it did this because she'd rather die after everything her body had done.

"That child has to be born, or you all won't survive," Ashley said.

"Is Lukey dead? I can't find his body parts anywhere," Esme urged.

Luke had been the sadist on god's end for revenge. Ashley found him crazy and hated him for what he did to her back at Uden.

"I don't know," Ashley said, while Esme quickly wrapped Ashley in barbed wire. "The baby poses a greater enemy to god. Not from bringing the light back, but the child could bring things inside this bubble."