Chapter Nineteen

Pressing her lips together, Cindy sat at a dining table at Uden Academy. Everything she had just seen made her heart race, and memories she had pushed away struck back.

"Not much is happening," Mia slurred out, despite not being drunk. "Did you find any sun?"

"You know those Ashley followers?" Nevaeh inquired.

"The ugly girl?" Mia asked.

"Luke joined Ashley and is still alive or whatever," Nevaeh rambled.

It felt like the air had been sucked out of the room because nobody wanted Luke alive. Well, he wasn't exactly alive, but he could still harm or kill them if he wished.

"Didn't Greyson kill him?" someone asked.

"I saw in plain sight that Greyson killed Luke, plus he had his noodle arm back," Cindy said.

Just like she had seen with Esme and felt the agony in her own body, it whipped her. Why did that psychopath have to be alive?

"Can't he just stay dead?" someone mumbled, while others nodded in agreement. Nevaeh had her eyes narrowed in thought, as if she had come to some conclusion.

"Do you think he'll be coming here?" Oscar asked.

"He'd be after Jason, Greyson, Esme, or Scarlett," Nevaeh said.

"Well, he's a psychopath," Lucy said, causing a few to laugh.

Cindy wasn't exactly sure whether to stay in Uden or even Simcoe. Nowhere was safe anymore with Luke lurking and that storm locking them inside buildings. No, Ashley's location was another thing they had to deal with.

"Should we inform someone?" someone asked.

"Nobody to tell around here," Cindy implied. "Even if we did, it's not like we could do much."

There weren't many people left, and they couldn't lead on their own. All those who had mainly taken charge had gone or were sick. She wasn't going to definitely take charge of anything, especially given how people irritated her now.

"Simcoe doesn't have food," Nevaeh sighed, shrugging.

"Are we just supposed to sit around like geese?" another voice asked in annoyance.

"Ducks; it's ducks, not geese," River stated.

Cindy had an urge to stop Luke and those creations, or whatever. With Nevaeh, she couldn't stop people, even if she could reveal their secrets. It was almost as if it spun in her mind as someone taunting them. Cindy knew one person she could count on to help.

"Bye," she said, bopping away in Esme's house.

"Please, Emma!" Esme's voice screeched as Emma came down the hall, eyes dark with bags.

"I'm not healing your opened wounds," Emma muttered, eyeing her, which made her double-take. "Cindy?"

"What danger is awaiting?" Esme urged, speeding into the room.

"Luke's one of Ashley's psycho followers."

"Perfect! We can kill him," Esme beamed.

"They just pop like balloons. You can't physically kill him unless you kill Ashley," Emma murmured as she rubbed a raw eye.

"Then we'll go kill her," Esme said, snapping her fingers.

"Jason's going to do that with Jade and James," Cindy stated.

"I got one of those feelings again," Emma whispered. She pointed at her gut, her fingers shaking. "It started a couple of days ago. It's like that warm feeling you get after drinking hot chocolate. It started three days ago. It's almost how that cold feeling has been."