We need to talk

Thursday 9 Dec 2.09 We need to talk

Alexis received a text from Nathan. She rolled her eyes but agreed to meet up. When she arrived it wasn't him but his girlfriend.

"Where's Nathan?" Alexis asked looking around.

"I texted you from his phone," Maya said and Alexis stared at her.

"What? Why?" Alexis was confused.

"Well, why does he have your number saved? Why do you guys still keep in touch?" Maya asked as calmly as possible.

"Woah, why are you interrogating me? You should be interrogating him. That's your man," Alexis said shaking her head, ready to call an Uber. This was a waste of her time.

"Exactly. He's my man but you're still not over him," Maya continued saying and Alexis shook her head.

"Girl, I am not about to do this with you," Alexis muttered opening up the uber app and requesting a driver.

"Well, you had time to come down here and meet him. Were you disappointed to find out it was me?" Maya laughed at her.

Alexis looked at her from head to toe.

"No, I just feel sorry for you. You went through all of that, for what?" Alexis asked.

"To warn you to leave my man alone," Maya said with an icy tone.

"And like I said, talk to your man. Not me," Alexis was over the conversation and this looney woman. She started walking away.

"You shouldn't even be entertaining him. His number should be blocked," Maya continued saying following her.

"Okay, you've made your point. Stop following me," Alexis said quickening her pace. She wasn't sure if this girl wanted to fight her over Nathan. But she had a fresh set of nails and just got her hair done. 

Maya could tell she was scaring her so she stopped following her.

Alexis was grateful when her uber pulled up, she climbed in and immediately called her best friend. She couldn't wait to tell someone what happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ping* Nathan:

Friday 10 Dec  09.07 Pick up the phone

*Ping* Nathan:

Friday 10 Dec 09.08  Lexy! Don't ignore me

*Ping* Nathan:

Friday 10 Dec 09.09 Fine. I'm pulling up

Nathan was blowing up her phone but she wasn't sure it was him. So she didn't even respond. She just decided to block his number. She grabbed a pan when she heard someone at her door. She approached the door slowly and looked through the peephole but couldn't see well.

"Lexy! I know you're in there. Let me in!" She heard his voice and sighed.

She opened the door. He looked at the pan in her hand then at her face.

"What were you about to do with that?" He asked suspiciously.

"I thought it was your crazy girlfriend," She explained.

"My what? Why would she be here? I'm confused," He said looking just as confused.

It was obvious he had no idea of what was going on and that Maya hadn't told him anything.

"Nevermind. What do you want?" She asked instead.

"Damn, that's cold. I thought we were on good terms," He said looking behind her, wondering if she had any company over.

"Something like that but you didn't need to come over. I think we need to set some boundaries," She said closing the door, so she spoke out of the little gap.

"Is this to do with my girl? She's just temporary Lexy. You've got my heart," He started saying.

"Yeah? And that's the problem. You need to completely move on and so do I. We could never go back to what we were. That night...I was drunk and not in my right frame of mind. It's unfair to your girlfriend," Alexis attempted to be the bigger person.

He shook his head.

"Nah, I'm not giving up that easily Lexy. You may have been drunk that night, but I wasn't. I'll give you some space but that's all," He said stepping back and turning to walk off.

She closed her front door and slumped against it releasing a loud sigh. Honestly, she was upset at her body because her mind said something else. Every time she saw him, she wanted to leap into his muscular arms and snuggle up into his tight embrace but then her mind would replay all the hurt he had caused her. Moving on was going to be harder than she expected.

~~~

"She's prettier in person," Maya spoke in hushed tones as she paced the apartment on the phone to her best friend.

"Girl, you are crazy. I can't believe you went through with it," Her best friend said in shock. Maya kept looking at the front door.

"I was so nervous and I just let my emotions take over me," Maya said, peeping out of the blinds.

"Did you fight? Was she angry? I know I would be if another woman texted from my exes phone," Her best friend said and Maya felt judged.

"I'm not just any woman, I'm his girlfriend," She corrected her as she sat down at the kitchen island on the bar stool.

"Sorry but you know how I feel. He's not making you feel that way-" Her best friend was saying but Maya heard someone at the door.

"I gotta go girl, we'll talk later," Then she quickly hung up as Nathan walked in the door. She just admired him for a second as he kicked off his shoes and walked over to her.

"Hey baby," She said, climbing down from the stool and getting on her tippy toes to kiss him.

"I thought you would be sleeping," He muttered as she continued kissing him.

"You know I can't sleep without you..." She admitted stepping back to give him space as he didn't seem like he was in the mood to be kissing. He still had Alexis on his mind and her reaction to him.

"Don't you have to be up early in the morning?" He was asking as he walked into the kitchen that overlooked the apartment.

She nodded as her phone vibrated and it was a text from her best friend.

Friday 10 Dec 11.01: I hope I didn't offend you. I just want what's best for you xxx

"I told you to stop waiting up for me. My hours are unpredictable. You know what it's like when you're locked in the studio," He said after taking a gulp of juice straight from the bottle. She hated when he did that and put it right back in the fridge. But she decided not to argue about that with him.

"Easier said than done baby. You know if I stayed out all night, you would be blowing up my phone," She mumbled walking to the bedroom as she was tired.

"Yeah that's because your job doesn't require you to work long hours so I would be paranoid," He said following her.

"Whatever," She muttered and got under the covers as he entered the bathroom and ran the showers.

Nathan was an upcoming recording artist and had his share of attention. Her best friend didn't like him but Maya was in love. She just wanted to have him all to herself and she would do anything to ensure that.