Is it a coincidence?

"That would be 29.99" The cashier said and as Alexis looked up she quickly looked down.

"Oh my gosh, she's here," Alexis muttered to her best friend who looked around and couldn't see what she was talking about.

"Who?" She asked as the cashier looked at them both, getting impatient.

"Maya, Nathan's girl, the woman in the navy jacket with the long hair," Alexis whispered like she could be heard. She was two rows down at another till.

"Wow, it really is a small world," Shannon mumbled, seeing the woman with the exact description.

"Is she stalking me now?" Alexis was paranoid.

The cashier cleared her throat.

"Sorry," Alexis apologised and grabbed her purse out of her bag and paid with her bank card.

"No, it could be a coincidence," She said back.

Maya happened to look around and see Alexis quickly walking out of the supermarket.

She wondered what she was doing in this area.

"Nothing is a coincidence," Alexis said. They had just finished a fashion shoot and her best friend was her assistant. She decided to grab a few toiletries before they headed out to get something to eat.

Whereas Maya had finished work and was grabbing a few things to make dinner. She wished she had forgotten about Alexis but Nathan didn't make that easy. He would talk about her every chance.

"Mmm, this tastes okay. I remember when Lexy used to make mac&cheese, it was like a family secret that her nan passed down. She would never tell me the ingredients," He said one night she had prepared dinner and they actually had a chance to sit down and eat it together. He never knew about the day she had met Alexis because she deleted the messages.

She was convinced Nathan wasn't over Alexis because she wasn't over him! She was being sneaky making it seem like it was Nathan. But Maya knew how devious women could be when they wanted a man. She was once in that position.

She would smile and act like she was cool with him bringing her up. But it was eating her up inside each time. She would check his phone periodically and be happy that they hadn't kept in touch for a while.  Yes, the last message was him trying to see her but when she tried calling Alexis number is disconnected. So it seemed like his number was blocked.

But seeing her at the supermarket sparked jealousy within her. She quickly paid and ran out to catch up. She saw Alexis walking off with another beautiful exotic looking woman. Alexis was 5'7 with long legs, an oval-shaped face and her signature jet black bob with a middle part. Her make-up was done to perfection with neatly arched eyebrows and a full red lip with full set eyelashes that brought out her light brown eyes. She could make a pair of skin-tight jeans, a blazer with a t-shirt under and converses look like she was going down the runway. The other girl had curly long hair and was slightly shorter and thicker in the hips. They climbed into a car that pulled up to them at the side of the street. They got in laughing and smiling.

Maya stood there with her shopping bags watching the car drive off. She had her own car and walked over to it. She got into her car and broke down crying. She looked at her reflection in the rearview mirror.

"Come on girl, get it together, " She said to herself as she reached into her glove compartment and wiped off the smeared mascara and what was left of her make-up.

"He chose you. You have the keys to his apartment. You spend every night in his bed and wake up beside him," She told her reflection. But her sad dark brown eyes said something different. So she looked away and out of her window. She inhaled deeply and exhaled loudly.

She would call her best friend but she wasn't in the mood for her negativity. She had a different perspective on Maya's relationship but she didn't care for it. She started up the car and drove off.

~~~~~

"Did you see her watching us?" Shannon said as they got into their uber.

"When?" Alexis asked.

"Just now, she was outside the supermarket just staring," Shannon said as they both turned back to see if she was still there.

"Okay, now I'm creeped out. She's a little strange," Shannon said as they turned back around.

"I told you. I wouldn't put it past her, if she was stalking me," Alexis said.

"I feel sorry for her. That man has her so insecure," Shannon said after a while.

"Yup, he nearly made me that way. I am just glad I escaped," Alexis said almost about to confess about her drunken night but decided that stayed a secret.

"I am proud of you for moving on and for having a successful shoot. I'm hiring you to be my make-up artist for my wedding day," Shannon said looking through her phone.

"Not your maid of honour?" Alexis asked looking offended as they fell out laughing.

One of the reasons Alexis broke off her three-year relationship with Nathan was because of his unfaithfulness. He got a little fame and it got to his head. Little did Maya know, he was seeing Maya before him and Alexis had officially broken things up. Nathan was Alexis first serious relationship and everyone thought they would be together forever. They were inseparable. Nathan was in denial about their relationship ending. She really wanted to move on and date another guy but she wasn't ready to see anyone else. She had to completely heal. She knew that keeping in touch with Nathan wasn't healthy. And she had to admit that it boosted her ego to know that even when he had a girlfriend he was still trying to be nice. Maya almost made Alexis insecure because they were so different. Maya had long dark hair that was shoulder length and she was 5'4 and petite but shapely. She had these beautiful dark brown eyes that pulled you in. She had a dark golden brown complexion and it seemed like she had a west indies background. In-person she was pretty, that day they met was the first time they had seen each other in person. And It probably wouldn't be the last time.