Who is this wasteman?

"Who is this wasteman?" Maya heard Nathan say as he sat out on his balcony. She walked over to him.

"What are you talking about?" She asked peeping over his shoulder to view his phone.

"This guy standing next to my ex," Nathan explained. And Maya inwardly smiled.

"What's the problem?" Maya asked innocently.

He looked up at her with a frown.

"Look at him. She could do better than that. I could easily knock him out," He ranted and Maya rolled her eyes.

"Why would you want to knock him out?" She asked calmly.

"As I said, she could do better. I don't know why she's so proud of him that she can go public with him," He answered.

"I thought you unfollowed your ex so how did you see that post?" Maya asked.

And he looked at her again, wondering what had gotten into her.

"Whose side are you on?" He asked suspiciously. "Don't interrogate me. Don't turn this into something else," He warned sensing she wanted to argue.

"We're just having a conversation. Calm down," She said messaging his tense shoulders.

"Okay then. Act like it."He muttered. "We have mutual friends so I see her posts a lot. We went viral a lot of times when we were together. It made so many women jealous. Guess, she's planning to do the same thing with this idiot," He added. He started scrolling through the comments under the picture and then clicked on his profile. Then scrolled through his pictures with a frown plastered on his face.

"Well at least she's moved on baby," She said gently as she kissed him on the cheek and then left him alone. Her words echoed in his head.

That was the problem. She wasn't allowed to move on. Yes, he was giving her space but that didn't mean she could replace him. Furthermore he wasn't even threatened by this guy. He wasn't an issue.

He left a comment under the picture: Cute😒

He was pleased knowing he could still get in touch with her even though she had blocked his number. He sat there staring at the picture and then decided to send her a direct message.

Saturday 19 Feb 2.07 NatedawgUK: Who is this fool?😡

Nathan constantly checked just to see that she left him on read.

Maya was in a better mood because Nathan paid attention to her on the days leading up to valentine's Day and after. When he was romantic it erased everything else and she found herself on cloud nine. She felt at ease after speaking to Alexis and seeing that she had moved on to an attractive guy made her feel better.

She didn't care that Nathan was in a bad mood the moment he saw that picture. He couldn't believe that she had publicly declared that she had moved on. The more he thought about it, the more he got worked up about it. Until he found himself knocking at her door.

"What the hell are you doing here? Do you see the time?" She whispered, poking her head out.

"Did you get my message?" He asked instead and then noticed that she had a white satin kimono on and make-up on. "Is he in there?" He asked immediately.

She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"That's no longer any of your business Nathan so just leave," She continued whispering.

"That's where you're confused. You'll always be my business. Because when he messes up you'll be running back to me and then you won't be able to blame it on being drunk either," He said boldly and loudly.

"You're full of it. Keep your voice down," She continued whispering and it irked him.
"I've got to go," She was saying about to close the door when they both heard,

"Who is that at the door?"

Nathan tried to push the door open.

"What are you doing?" Alexis raised her voice as her new guy came to the rescue.

"I'm Derrick. Who are you?" He made his appearance.

Nathan looked him up and down. He was topless in a pair of grey jogging bottoms. Man to man he knew what that meant. He had interrupted a moment. They were both the same height and Derrick held Nathan's menacing gaze.

Alexis quickly stepped between them.

"Tell your little boyfriend to go back inside before I make him," Nathan threatened and he meant it.

Derrick laughed deep and slowly.

"What's so funny?" Nathan asked taking a step forward.

"Hold on. You're not about to do this right now," She pleaded with both of them.

Derrick looked down at her and his gaze softened.

"Is he bothering you, baby?" He asked gently sending shivers down her spine. She was about to give him the business before Nathan came barging in and Derrick deserved it. He had been nothing but a gentleman towards her.

"Who is this idiot talking to? Address me. I'm right here," Nathan started saying as he removed his jacket.

"Go home, Nathan. This is ridiculous. You're making a fool out of yourself," She told him looking at him pitifully. Then she looked up at Derrick's fine ass.

"Please let me handle this...I don't want you both to fight," She pleaded in a soft tone.

Nathan wanted to throw up. It was sickening to watch.

"It's not like he has a choice," He said and before she knew it, Nathan pushed Derrick hard in the chest causing him to collapse against the door. He quickly regained his balance and dodged Nathans swing as Alexis moved out of the way screaming,

"STOP! STOP IT! OH MY GOD! STOP!"

Causing her neighbours to come outside as Nathan and Derrick tussled on the floor. Derrick was trying to pin him down. He wasn't trying to fight Nathan. It was an equal struggle as they were of similar weights and sizes.

Somebody eventually called the police but Derrick didn't press charges and the officers escorted Nathan to his vehicle, who was breathing raggedly like a wounded animal. He contemplated defying the officer but had a criminal record that wouldn't hold up in court. So he kept his cool and got into his car. The neighbours asked if everything was okay and then went back into their houses. Alexis was simply embarrassed.