He did it to me too sis

"Girl, what?" Shannon said on the other line.

"Yes girl, you heard me right. She just started crying and then drove off. It felt like a scene straight out of a movie," Alexis said unsure of whether she should laugh or feel sad.

"Wow, she is going through it," Shannon said and that made Alexis have a flashback of the first time she found out Nathan was cheating.

She had been getting DMS from anonymous accounts bragging about sleeping with her man. When she brought it to Nathan, he looked at it and then frowned.

"Don't show me that bullsh*t. The account doesn't even have any pictures up. Just ignore it," He told her as he continued smoking and writing lyrics.

He dismissed her like it was all in her head.

"But it doesn't make any sense. Why would they say they've had sex with you?" She continued.

"So we can break up. They're jealous. Come on, you can't be that stupid," He mumbled, still writing.

"No, I'll be more stupid if it's true," She warned him.

He stopped writing and looked up at her.

"Why would I cheat on you?" He asked with a blank look on his face.

"I don't know! You tell me," She threw her hands up, feeling frustrated.

"No, you tell me. If you know that you're keeping me satisfied then you shouldn't even be worried," He said and turned around to continue writing. He liked to sit on the balcony as the sun was setting and vent. Music was therapy to release all the hard things he had been through and survived. He had escaped gang violence, foster homes and was able to turn his life around. At the stage of his career, his manager was pressuring him to write a hit that would sit on the charts. As an independent artist, it was tough.

"That's supposed to be reassuring Nathan?" She snapped wanting to slap him, if he wasn't muscular and 6'2 she would've but she knew better.

"I don't know what you want me to say, it's like you want it to be true or something," He said sounding irritated because she was distracting him.

Saturday 16 June 8.31 Fr33kyGal: When he says he's at the studio, he's really with me😏💦

She got another message and stared at him as he continued writing. She was debating whether to continue confronting him. He had been changing of recent. In the past, he would update her about his plans and let her know his every move. Suddenly it became a problem when she would ask. He would react as if she didn't trust him. Then her calls would get directed to voicemail when she would try to call him. And that never happened in the past. She was always able to reach him. But of course, when she confronted him, he treated her like she was overreacting. Then these anonymous messages started.

He constantly told he that he loved her and that she would be his wife and mother of his kids in the future. But his actions would confuse her. She didn't know what to believe but she kept the messages. She reasoned that it was all in her mind and as Nathan got busier with his career she just grew insecure.

She decided to focus on her career as a makeup artist and pushed it to the back of her mind. Until that account got bold and sent her a video.

She gasped and dropped her phone. Her colleagues at the time ran over to her. She worked at a high-end boutique in the make-up department to build up her portfolio. She was on a quick break when she got the message.

"I'm okay," She lied trying to hold back the tears.

Thursday 8 Aug 3.03 xXxIslandGalx: Seeing is believing 😘

It was on her mind her entire shift. She didn't know whether to tell her close circle or keep it to herself. She felt stupid for ignoring the signs. She didn't know whether to confront him immediately or stay with her parents for a while. She thought about getting her place but the idea of living alone petrified her.

Finally, she decided to wait for him to get home. It was 12.30 am when he walked in, stumbling over his feet, smelling of alcohol.

"What are you doing up baby?" He asked with a mischievous grin as he slowly looked her up and down. He didn't realize the look of anger on her face.

"Mmm, you look so good..." He was saying making his way to her.

She opened the message, pressed play and placed the phone up in his face. He frowned and backed up. It took him a minute to register.

"What the hell is that?" He was saying almost losing his balance as he tried to steady himself.

"That's you and the girl you told me not to worry about. The one who was jealous and trying to break us up. Remember?" She said as he placed a hand on his forehead and groaned. He had to sit down.

"Cat got your tongue?" She paused the video and watched him take a seat on his recliner.

"I can explain..." He grumbled with his head in his hands.

"And say what Nathan? Are you going to tell me that's not you in this video that she's sampling? Because the tattoos, the haircut and oh wait your face is in HD?!" She lost her cool and started yelling at him. She wanted to throw something at him as he sat there helplessly. He was too much of a coward to look her in the face.

Her heart was shattered into a million pieces.

"I HATE YOU!!!! You made me feel like I was crazy. That I was overreacting. You sat there and lied to me in my face!" She was screaming and pacing back and forth. She was going through it.

Just like Maya probably was going through it.