Go shawty, it's your birthday

"Who let him in?" Alexis said leaving the conversation she was having and making her way to the entrance.

"He's not on the guest list" She was saying to the security guard, who shrugged helplessly as Nathan strolled in.

"Happy birthday baby girl," He said instead, taking off his shades and opening his arms for a hug.

She took a step back as he looked her up and down and then licked his lips.

"What are you doing here? I didn't invite you. There are loads of people here. You can't be here," She said through clenched teeth, pulling him by the arm.

"Hold on, you can't just kick me out. That's rude," He said firmly standing his ground.

"Come on! Does your girlfriend know you're here?" She asked. He stared at her blankly.

"You look good," He said instead smiling.

"Yeah, so do you. But that's not the point. You have to leave," She was saying.

"Nathan? Is that you? Ooh, so you guys are back together?" People were nosey and heavily invested in the relationships that they shared on social media.

"We're not back together. He's leaving now," Alexis attempted to pull him again when the photographer came over to take pictures. Nathan grinned.

"Can you please not take pictures of us," She tried to be polite but it came out rude.

"Nathan seriously you can't just turn up unannounced," She said when she had pulled him to the corner.

"You blocked my number and I could never forget your birthday," He reminded her as he stared into her eyes.

She sighed.

"Yes, and you were supposed to be giving me space. What happened to that?" She reminded him.

He looked around the venue.
"This is a nice event. Not better than the one I arranged for you last year," He said, rubbing his chin.

"Was that before or after you cheated on me," She muttered.

He looked at her and cleared his throat.

"How many times do I have to apologise?" He was saying as some guests came up to her to wish her happy birthday and complimented the event. She liked to go all out for her birthday and had been planning it for months. She had a strict guest list and only sent out invitations to people she knew. She didn't think Nathan would show up. He had honoured his word and him and his crazy girlfriend had left her alone.

Some of her close circle wanted them to repair their relationship and the other half felt like she deserved better. She didn't want that half to notice his arrival. She didn't want all the drama.

"You can do me a favour by leaving please Nathan. Being seen together in public is risky. You should know better," She was getting tired of trying to get him to go.

"People know we're not together. It's not a big deal but fine, if you don't want me here then I'll leave," He said trying to get a hug.

"No, don't do that," She said stepping aside. She saw the hurt look on his face but he quickly put his shades on to cover his eyes.

She let out a huge sigh once he left.

"Girl, there are whispers of Nathan being here. You invited him?" Shannon finally appeared.

"He turned up uninvited," Alexis said as Shannon followed her to the bar.

"What did he want?" She asked with a frown as Alexis ordered a drink.

"To wish me happy birthday and perpetuate rumours. The blogs are going to eat this up," Alexis said as she waited for her drink.

"He could've sent it in a text," Shannon muttered.

"I blocked him," Alexis replied, taking a sip of her drink when it was prepared.

Shannon stared at her and then fell out laughing.

"Okay well then, you left him with not much choice. I guess it's a sweet gesture. I'm surprised that he didn't bring his girlfriend," Shannon said.

"I'm glad that she didn't. It feels like she wants to fight me. I'm too cute to fight," Alexis meant that. She had never got into a catfight and didn't plan on doing so.

A week later...

Maya was chilling when she got a message with pictures of Nathan and Alexis. She could not believe her eyes.

"That bitch," She said under her breath.  She had eased up on looking through Nathan's phone but she regretted being lenient. The moment her guard was down, this bitch sneaked in again!

Maya wasn't a stalker but she was on a mission to pull up on Alexis and she wasn't going to tell anyone. She didn't want to be talked out of it.

Alexis nearly lost her breath when she saw Maya waiting outside the studio after a shoot. She tried to turn around and go back in.

"Don't run bitch! You have some explaining to do!" She heard Maya say.

"Wait, who are you calling a bitch? Lunatic," Alexis said back as she turned to face her.

"Lunatic? I told you to stay away from my man," Maya warned.

"I'm calling the police. This is ridiculous," Alexis said reaching for her phone.

"Relax! I'm not going to hurt you. I just need to know why you won't leave my man alone," Maya quickly changed her tone when she saw Alexis' phone.

"No, you need to stop stalking me. This is the third time. Does Nathan know about this? How would he feel if he knew you were pulling up on me announced?"

Maya looked confused.

"Bitch calm down. This isn't the third time. What are you talking about?" Maya panicked not knowing what to do. She just wanted to know what hold this woman had over her man.

"Stop calling me a bitch and it doesn't matter how many times. It's the fact that you're doing it and confronting the wrong person. I blocked Nathan's number and haven't spoken to him since," Alexis said hoping Maya didn't know about him popping up at her birthday.

She was hoping it was all a dream and would open her eyes to find her gone.

Out of nowhere Maya started crying uncontrollably. The tears wouldn't stop and she was embarrassed. She got into her car and drove off.

Alexis watched the whole thing feeling confused and then sorry for her. She almost wanted to hug her but it all happened so fast.