Part 19 | Sincere

"Welcome everyone except Sharon to the Saturday night game we all know and love!" You shouted dramatically.

Everyone clapped and cheered. Sharon rolled eyes and Steve nudged her in the side. Fury had decided to stay for dinner after hearing about this legendary game.

"Let's begin the betting! Nat?"

"Ten bucks it's Tony."

"Oh come on!"

Everyone laughed as Tony sulked at the end of the table.

"We all know what the reason is. Ten bucks to Tony" you said. "Wanda?"

"15 cents to Sharon. I would bet more but I dont want to waste my money" she sweetly, dropping the coins into your tin.
"Reason?"

"She's a bitch."

"Language!"

Sharon scoffed and took a big drink of water, using this opportunity to hide her face which was scarlet in embarrassment.

"15 cents to bitch. Pietro?"

You finally had all the money and everyone began eating.

"Y/n this is really good" Sam said through a mouthful of steak.

"Thank you but I didn't cook it."

Everyone stopped, looking at you warily. You laughed and looked at Loki who continued his meal. The team stared at him.

"Loki?" Sam asked finally.

"That's my name" he said, looking up with a smirk.

"You didn't poison it did you?" Tony questioned.

He chuckled. "Oh no I left that part to my girlfriend" he said, grinning at you.

Girlfriend

Sharon spat the food out and Loki looked at her with disgust.

"You poisoned this?!" She shrieked. Everyone snickered.

"Stevie baby, you didn't inform your lover here of our little game?" You pouted.

"Don't call him that" she said, attempting to sound menacing.

You rolled your eyes. "Like I said, my boyfriends way scarier than yours" you said, taking a bite of your meal.

"And, if I recall correctly, 'hotter' as you put it" Loki said with a smirk. You stabbed him in fhe side. "Shut up" you mumbled.

"Hey! No weapons at the dinner table!" Tony yelled as Loki pulled the blade out.

"That was a bit harsh love" he said, throwing it at Sharon. She screamed and ducked as Steve reached out and caught it.

You grinned. "Well at least your not my friend, then I won't be sad later" you said. He rolled his eyes and put arm around your waist, watching as Steve tried unsuccessfully to console a hysterical Sharon.

"This is all your fault!" She shrieked, pointing at you. You felt Loki's grip tighten.

"Wow, haven't even been here a day and the accusations are already coming out" you say, earning laughs from the group.

"You're just jealous of me and Steve's relationship so you're using Loki to try and get him!" She sobbed as Steve held her close, mouthing sorry to you and Loki.

"Steve and I" you corrected, taking a sip of water as Loki burst out laughing.

"Is it always like this?" Fury questioned.

"Well y/n over her is always attempting to stab people, but this bitch has only been here since 10am this morning and it hasn't gone well" Nat said with a grin. Fury nodded, his mouth pulling up at the corners.

"She's trying to get to Steve!" Sharon whined.

You snorted with laughter.

"Darling that's not very attractive" Loki said, grinning when you stabbed him again.

"Sharon. Darling. Sweetie. Beautiful, intelligent and kind woman" you said. She looked up at you, her sobs coming to a halt.

You leant forward wit a sympathetic look. "Can I tell you the truth?" You asked, reaching across the table and holding her hand. She sniffed and nodded.

"It's ok, I forgive you" she said.

You pretended to be upset. "No no no, what I did was wrong and I really feel the need to tell you this" you said. She nodded, indicating for you to continue.

You smiled sweetly. "I didn't put the potion in your food" you said. The team whipped their heads around, confused.

"Really?" She asked, looking relieved. You nodded. "Really" you answered, retracting your hand and settling back against Loki's chest. She sighed.

You grinned.

"I put it in the water."