Part 59 | Ceiling Beam

"CLINT! HELP!" Tony almost shrieked as Loki looked up at him, smirking in amusement.

The God had decided to teleport the billionaire onto one of the ceiling beams where he now sat, terrified of falling off.

"If he jumps, will you catch him?" Sam asked Loki suspiciously.

"What kind of question is that?" Thor laughed as Loki rolled his eyes. "It's my brother."

Clint was lying half out of a vent, polishing his arrows as he hummed quietly to himself with no regard as to what was going around him.

"CLINT!"

Nat grinned as Loki conjured a small bag a pebbles, throwing at the billionaire repeatedly, hitting him on the head every time.

"Why is he ignoring me?!" Tony shouted, slipping slightly to the side as he scrabbled around for something to hold on to. "Clint!"

"It could be because he hates you, which is entirely plausible, but I think he's turned off his hearing aids" you commented from behind the rim of your potions book.

"You sound like shit" Nat commented as Loki threw a pebble at Clint to get his attention.

"I'm fine."

Clint turned around to see Tony looking at him pleadingly.

He seemed to debate it for a second before poking him with his bow and turning back around.

That little shove was all he needed to go careening off the side, shrieking as he fell.

Loki waved his hand, a portal appearing below him which shut as soon as he fell through it.

Everyone was silent for a moment before Pietro asked, "Where is he?"

"Sweden" the God shrugged with a smirk before walking over to you. "Darling, you sound sick."

"I'm not sick" you insisted as he leaned over your book, watching you carefully.

"Liar" he determined after a moment of observation, vanishing your book. "How did you even become ill love? The majority of mortal illnesses cannot affect us."

You glanced over at Bruce who was trying to sneak out without being noticed.

"I'm sorry!" He apologised quickly when he saw everyone looking at him. "I was just messing around with a serum that was supposed to check for illnesses and it backfired and made N/n sick!"

"What did I say about testing potions my love?" Loki tutted, taking your hand and pulling you up. "You need to go back to bed."

"I'm fine Lokes."

"It's okay to admit weakness" Steve said comfortingly.

"No it's not" you, Nat and Bucky all chorused back.

"I'm fine" you persisted, squeezing your eyes shut to ward off the throbbing headache. "We have a mission this afternoon, I need to be there."

"Mr Stark says to inform you that you don't need to be there Miss Y/n" Friday commented.

"Tell Mr Stark he can kiss my ass. He's the one stuck in Sweden, not me."

"Even so my darling, you need to say here" Loki instructed. "Go back to bed and get better."

"Please do, we don't want your magic germs" Sam added, wrinkling his nose.

"You can't get sick pigeon, you're human" you dismissed.

"Mr Stark wishes for me to inform you that he orders you to stay here" Friday commented again.

"Orders me?!"

"Would you like me to tell him you're favourite phone number response?" The AI questioned.

"Friday, what is that?" Steve questioned, already looking worried.

"Don't like my attitude? Call 1-800-kissmyass" she replied.

The team burst out laughing as the super soldier looked like he regretted asking.

"Use that one please Friday" you grinned before sneezing loudly. "If I rip my lungs out and therefore the illness, can I go on the mission?"

"No!" Steve said firmly as Nat looked up in interest.

"I have cough medicine if you want some" Peter suggested. "If that would help at all."

"Thanks Peter, it won't though" you smiled, Loki still giving him distrustful looks.

"Good choice, it was kids cough medicine anyway" he shrugged, currently building Lego with Pietro.

—————————————————————-

"I can't believe you're leaving me here" you grumbled, standing with the team on the tower roof.

"I'm sorry love, but you need to get better" Loki smiled. "It's no use fighting if you're sick."

"I'll just sneeze on the enemies."

"Ew" Tony commented, stepping out of a private plane as it landed. "Loki, you're fired."

"Oh really? How do you plan to back up that threat?"

The billionaire was silent for a moment, before stomping off into in the Quinjet as the team snickered.

"Just stay here and watch a movie" Bucky suggested, ruffling your hair. "Maybe order a pizza."

"I suppose so" you sighed, leaning against Loki. "I'm going to be lonely for a couple of days though."

"That's because we need everyone's help without you being there" Steve said, patting you shoulder.

"You lot suck without me."

"We do" Pietro sulked. "What am I supposed to do without you telling me who to kill?"

"Ask your sister."

"Gross."

"Oh shush" the witch laughed. "N/n I made your favourite muffins earlier, they're cooling in the kitchen."

"Thanks Wan!" You beamed, hugging her tightly. "You're the best. No one needs to convince me to stay now, I'll do it voluntarily."

"I want muffins" Sam sighed. "You make really good muffins Wan."

"Thanks birdman."

"Get your asses in the jet before I fire the lot of you!" Tony shouted from the front.

"You can't fire us" Nat replied, throwing a pineapple at him.

"Where did you get a pineapple?!"

"Don't question me Stark."

——————————————————————-

Guess who's got Covid for the third time😍