Epilogue

Epilogue

4 YEARS LATER

"And here we have the class of 2016!"

We all threw our hats in the air, laughing and smiling because we'd finally graduated. No more High School. No more drama.

I scanned the crowd, looking for a certain someone until my eyes met with familiar blue eyes.

Joe and I quickly walked towards each other, and when we'd reached each other, I hugged him tightly.

"We actually did it." I whispered, still surprised. He smiled.

"Yes, we did it together." He replied and leaned down to kiss me.

5 YEARS LATER

"Amber, do you know why I brought you back here?" Joe asked. We was in our old High School, (yes, I know), and Joe had me pinned against the lockers, looking into my eyes.

"No." I whispered.

"Well, here is where we had a proper conversation. And I have something to ask you." He told me.

"What is it?"

He got down on one knee, and brought out a small pouch. My eyes widened, happy tears forming and I gasped as he opened the pouch. Inside was a beautiful, sparkling diamond ring.

"Amber Janet Woods," He started, with a heart-warming smile. "Will you make me the happiest man on earth, and marry me?"

I did this kind of laugh-cry and smiled so wide, I thought my face was going to split into two.

"Of course I will!" I exclaimed, and hugged him. He lifted me up, laughing and spun me around.

"I love you." He said genuinely, and I kissed him. When I pulled away, I said:

"I love you too."

1 YEAR LATER

"Joe! Joe! My water broke!" I screamed, in pain and terrified as I stared at the massive bulge with was soon going to be two babies.

"O-oh! I-I'll call the ambulance!" Joe stuttered, running a hand through his hair, panicked.

I groaned, the pain was unbearable. I didn't know pregnancy was going to hurt so much.

"Hello? Yes, my wife's water broke... Yeah..... Uh..." He glanced at me. "She's in real pain right now." He told them, and then said our address.

"Arrrggghhh!" I groaned, tears welling up in my eyes. Joe rushed over to me, placing his hand over my own.

"You'll be fine Amber; it's going to be alright." He told me, but I just groaned in response.

Suddenly we heard the familiar Ambulance sirens, and I sighed in relief.

Time to have some babies.

*****

So, Joe and I had graduated college, still in a relationship even though we had our arguments and broke up once.

That was a story for another day. Then we moved into an apartment together, soon he proposed and we got married, then we bought a bigger house and soon, started a family.

I worked in a Hospital in the Children's Wards. It was really fun because I got to have conversations with the children and got to know them better. Also I did night shifts so when I wasn't sleeping I was able to spend time with the children and Joe.