Lesson 14: Selena Is As Wise As A... Wise Old Man

I was currently in Selena's house, sitting on her bed. She was in her turning chair, spinning around, waiting for me to start talking. I was waiting for my brain to come up with an explanation.

Silence.

But Selena, being the loud person she is, broke it.

"Well, start talking Amber. I didn't drive you to my house just for you to sit on my bed and stare into space!" She exclaimed, and stopped spinning. I raised my hands in surrender.

"Okay, but first I have to go see your broth- bathroom, I need to go see your bathroom." I muttered quickly, smiling innocently when Selena looked at me suspiciously.

"Okay, but don't get lost!" Selena joked.

"Ha ha, so funny." I replied dryly, and walked out of her room.

The truth was, I just wanted to see her brother. Find out what his name was. Possibly go on a date with him. Become his girlfriend. Travel to Paris, the city of love, where he'll buy roses and chocolate for me.

One can dream.

I walked down the hallway, looking left and right for any sign of him. Nothing. I sighed. I was really hoping to spot him so I could have a proper conversation with him and find out his name. I couldn't ask Selena, or else she'd ask why I wanted to know. And I couldn't say I wanted to go on a date with her brother, become his girlfriend, and then travel to Paris where he'd buy me roses and chocolate.

That would cause a problem. A big problem.

Anyway, I went to the bathroom, quickly used the toilet and after washing and drying my hands I walked out again. Standing in the hallway, to my utter surprise, (joking) was Selena's brother. He must have heard me coming because he turned around and grinned at me.

I nearly melted.

"Hi, Amber right?" He asked. I grinned back.

"Yup, and you are..." I trailed off, hoping he would finally tell me his name. He grinned mischievously.

"I know what you're doing Amber. Didn't I tell you the last time we met that you should be patient? Well, maybe I didn't but you should be patient and just wait to find out." He said, flashed me one last smiled and stepped inside his room.

Then closed the door. Shame, I wouldn't see his handsome features for about a week.

I sighed and walked back to Selena's room. She was spinning in her chair and texting on her phone. She laughed at something on her phone then replied. I cleared my throat. She looked at and blushed, then hurriedly kept her phone in her pocket.

Hmm.

"So, who were you texting?" I asked, and sat on her bed again.

"How do you know I was texting? Did you see me with my phone?" She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"Darling, no one looks down at their crotch and smiles. It's quite obvious." I stated, and she blushed even deeper. I grinned and wriggled my eyebrows.

"Is there a boy you haven't told me about? Someone you're seeing?" I said in a sing-song voice. She resembled a tomato now.

"Selena has a boyfriend, Selena has a boyfriend!" I sung, skipping around the room.

"Be quiet Amber! Amber!!" Selena complained and I laughed.

"You know you can tell me anything. Please don't turn into Alice." I told her seriously. Selena frowned at me.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Okay, get comfortable because this is gonna take a while." I said, took a deep breath and started talking.

"Basically, I walked outside of my house, and I was going to get a ride with Joe because I knew I would be late. But nothing happened between us, so don't worry. Anyway, when we arrived at school I got out of the car and saw Alice run into the girls bathroom with an angry expression, so I followed her." I paused, and looked at Selena.

"This is where the drama begins." I warned her, and then carried on.

"So, I followed her into the bathroom to find the perfectly calm and applying lip gloss or something. I asked her to let me explain, but then she started talking. What she said wasn't really pleasant..." I said, and took a deep breath.

"She talked about how she knew that we were 'lying' about Joe and I not having a relationship, and that we 'lied' to her so we wouldn't hurt her feelings. I tried to tell her that wasn't true to her but she just wouldn't listen. Then she talked about how she'd been doing a bit of lying as well. Apparently, Joe and her dated for over a month and the story of how he walked off with another girl; well that was a lie." I explained, and Selena gasped.

"But then she said that was another story for another day. After that she started talking about how she now has a new best friend, who wouldn't stab her in the back and hates me as much as she does." I said and wiped my hands on my jeans because they were a bit sweaty.

"Amber, who is her new best friend?" Selena asked.

"Maria Snow." I muttered. Selena turned red. Uh oh.

"I am going to kill Alice! How could she betray us like this? I didn't think she'd go as low as teaming up with Maria!!!" She exclaimed. I moved back a bit when Selena stood up and started pacing around the room

"Well, the jokes on her. All that girl wants is Joe, but with Alice wanting him as well things are gonna go terribly wrong. And we need to help make that happen." She said, stood still and looked at me. I gulped again.

"We need a plan Amber, simple, yet smart. We need a good plan." She muttered and sat down with her 'thinking face'.

I started thinking as well.

"Amber, what did Maria say to you?" Selena suddenly asked. Then I remembered I didn't finish my story.

"Well firstly, she told Alice that she'd 'take it from there' then Alice walked out and whispered in my ear, 'payback'. Then she started saying how I thought I was better than her and told me to stay away from Joe. She also pushed me against the sinks, which really hurt, and told me I should tell you that she said 'Hi." I babbled, and then kept quiet. Selena smirked.

"Amber," She said. "I've got a plan."

Today's Lesson: Selena Is As Wise As A... Wise Old Man

*******

Hello again!!

So here is Lesson 14! There's probably lots of mistakes, and I'm actually not proud of this chapter because it's quite rushed. Sorry about that guys!

Anyway, what do you think Selena's plan will be? Or who she was texting! The person who comes up with the best ideas gets a dedication on the next chapter!!

So please vote and comment!  

So remember to vote and comment and I'll see you in the next chapter!

KEEP CALM AND LOVE READING!! :D 

P.S Random Song