Lesson 13: Don't Follow Alice Into A Girls Bathroom Again

I walked into the girls bathroom, not really caring that I was probably 10 minutes late for 1st period, and saw Alice standing in front of a mirror applying lip gloss. I was confused. Wasn't she meant to be crying with red, puffy eyes right now? I slowly approached her.

"I don't bite, but with you I might." She said, scowling at me. Okay then.

"Alice, could you please let me explain. What you saw was not what it looked like." I said gently. She turned to look at me and leaned on the wall with crossed arms, totally calm. Weird.

"You know Amber, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I finally figured out why you lied to me," She started and I sighed.

"You're just too nice. And maybe Selena too. You guys just don't want to hurt my feelings, since you were my best friends. You 'cared' too much about me to tell me that you and Joe are dating. So you and Selena came up with this 'prank war' so I would think you guys hated Joe." She said.

"Alice, that's not what happen-" I started, but she cut me off.

"I'm not done, Amber. Anyway, you didn't know I already knew about your plan. But you carried on lying. And all those times I saw you with Joe, I didn't say anything. But today I decided that I should say something. Enough was enough. At first I was surprised that you would do something like that. Date my ex that I loved behind my back." Wait, hold up, loved??

"Yes, I loved Joe. Oh, and Amber, I've also been lying a bit as well. Joe and go way back. Like, we've known each other since 4th grade. We were good friends, and we were dating for more than a month. Oh, and the story I told you of how he walked off with another girl, yeah that was a lie. What really happened is another story for another day."

This was confusing.

"So now Amber, me, you and Selena aren't BFF's anymore. I have a new BFF who wouldn't stab me in the back and who dislikes you a much as I do. She also wants to get revenge." Alice said. I stared at her in shock.

"And who is she, you ask? Oh, that's easy, Selena's worst enemy, Maria Snow." She said, and clicked her fingers. Then three girls, came out of the toilet stalls. But I only recognized one of them. Maria Snow. A brunette, pretty, sassy and also scary. Popular and possessive over Joe.

"Thanks Alice, but I think I'll take it from here. See you later." Maria said, and smirked at Alice, who smirked back and walked out of the girls bathroom. When she passed me she whispered "Payback".

Selena, save me now.

Maria and her other friends surrounded me. Then Maria finally spoke.

"So Amber, you're the girl who thinks she's good enough to steal other people's boyfriends away, aren't you?" She asked, sneering at me. Ex-boyriend.

"No." I whispered. She walked closer.

"What was that? Did you say, 'Yes Maria, I am that girl who thinks she's better than you'? Because if you did, you're wrong." She said, and shoved me against the sinks. Ouch

"Joe's mine Amber, Stay away from him or else you'll be sorry." She growled, glaring at me then backed away again. "Oh and how's Selena?" She asked, smiling sweetly like nothing happened. I glared at her.

"Better off without you, you saddo." I said, and mentally high fived myself for the second time today. At least I said something.

Maria and her other friends laughed, and I turned red.

"'Saddo?' Are you that lame? Ugh, I don't even know why I'm here speaking to you out of all people. I'm out of here. Oh, and tell Selena I said hi." She said, flipped her perfect blonde hair and sashayed away with the other girls.

I just stood there shocked as I thought of the few things I understood.

1. Alice was now BFF's with Maria Snow, Selena's worst enemy.

2. Maria said I had to avoid Joe.

3. I was now 30 minutes late for 1st period.

4. I had a lot to explain to Selena.

5. I was not gonna let Maria frighten me.

And I could possibly have a new enemy at school. Oh joy. Oh, and I called Maria Snow a 'saddo'. She'd never been called that before, so I was quite proud of myself.

Anyway, I decided to pretend I had a really tummy ache so I could have the rest of the school day off. But before I left I'd wait outside Selena's class and tell her that I was going home and that she should come to my house after school.

********

I was in the nurse's office, sitting down, while she looked at me. "Okay, Amber, you need to tell me what type of stomach ache you have. Is it a cramp, do you feel like you're gonna puke? Or is it something else?" She asked.

"Puke." I said, then made a horrible noise and grabbed the bin. I vomited inside, all the shock and fear of what happened today making me. When I was done I wiped my mouth with the tissue the nurse gave me and kept the bin down.

UGH!

Anyway, the nurse touched my head, which was probably burning hot. "I think you have a fever, dear. And since you've vomited, you need to go home because we don't want the germs spreading around to other students. I'll give you a slip that you'll need to give to the reception, so they can call your other teachers to tell them you've gone home." She said, scribbled down on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"There you go sweetie. Just remember to take it easy, drink lots of water and try not to puke on anyone." She said, and smiled. I sneezed.

UGH!

I walked out of the nurses office with all my stuff and to Selena's class. I saw them packing their stuff and leaving the classroom, so I quickly moved out of the way so I wouldn't get run over. Once Selena saw me I quickly told her to come to my house after school and not to sit with Alice during lunch.

"Why?" She asked, confused. "I'll tell you after school!" I said.

"Actually, could you come to my house instead?" She asked. I thought of her brother, whose name I didn't know yet and nodded. Then I walked to the reception, handed them the slip and walked out of the school.

Today's Lesson: Don't Follow Alice Into A Girls Bathroom Again

*******

Hi again!!

So here's chapter 13!! There's probably mistakes so please ignore them!! So, you guys should please tell me what you think of Alice, and our new character, Maria Snow.

The next chapter will be coming in . . . Maybe around November. :)

Not joking. I need to focus on my other story, 'Doing It My Way' (Please check it out!) plus, I've been quite generous, updating when I wasn't meant to. So writing 'update plz' won't make me update any faster!! ^.^

STAY HAPPY!! :)