Lesson 6: Never Underestimate The Power Of An Adrenaline Rush

The first thing I thought when I woke up was that the day of Alice's dare had come. The second thing I thought was 'OH NO!!' when I looked at Selena's alarm clock. It was 7:55 am! I only had 20 minutes to get to school!

I quickly got out of my sleeping bag and ran to the window. Selena drove her car without me?! I noticed a note attached to the alarm clock. I grabbed it and read what it said. Payback.

I ripped the note into pieces and sprinkled it on Selena's bed. Then I grabbed the bag pack I'd brought with me and removed my clothes, tooth brush and towel. I ran into the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth. Then I cleaned, dried myself and threw on my clothes.

I brushed my hair and tied it into a ponytail, grabbed my converses, since I was going to be running to school and forced them on my feet. I rushed downstairs, said goodbye to Mr. Paige then ran outside.

I hoisted my bag on to my shoulder and started running. When I was nearly there I looked at my watch, panicking when I saw I only had 6 minutes to get to the school.

Suddenly, as if by magic, I had more energy, maybe it was an adrenaline rush! Using that energy, I sprinted into my school, occasionally stopping to take a breath untl finally I arrived.

I ran up the stairs two at a time, not even bothering to check the time because I knew I was already late. I was thinking of stopping at the bathroom to see how I looked but didn't, no point of being even more late.

I pushed the door to my classroom open, shouting, 'I'm here!' and getting attention from my teacher and other students. They all had the same expression on their faces, worry. I didn't blame them, I must have looked mad, hands on my knees, gasping for air.

The teacher approached me slowly, asking if I was alright and if I needed to see the school's nurse. I shook my head, still panting. I stood up and proudly walked over to my desk, which was at the back of the classroom. Everyone was staring at me, including Selena. She was laughing evilly and watching me clumsily drop my notebooks, earning attention from everyone again.

What an amazing way to start the morning.

*******

The bell rang, and all of the other people rushed out of the classroom. I was about to go to but Mrs Monroe, my teacher, called me over. I started panicking. I made sure to sit at he back so she wouldn't see me having a little nap. 5 minutes before class was over, my phone would vibrate in my pocket, waking me up. Then when it was lunch time Selena would tell me what they'd done in class.

It was the perfect plan.

But today it had backfired. I walked towards my teacher, who had an angry look on her face. I instantly knew that I was in trouble and that she'd caught me. She kept her hands on her hips and glared at me.

"Miss Woods are my classes boring?" She asked.

"No, Mrs Monroe." I said.

"Then why do you always have a little nap when I start talking? Another student told me they saw you sleeping while I was teaching. Also, I didn't see you raise your hand to answer any questions." She said, I looked at the floor, ashamed. Who could have told Mrs Monroe about my weekly nap in class? And why? This was the only time I'd been caught, well, told on.

"Miss Woods, do you have anything to say for yourself? If your reason for sleeping in class is good enough, I might not give you a thirty-minute detention after school." She said. This caught my attention.

"Mrs Monroe, it's not that I find your classes boring." I started. Lie.

"It's just that this morning I woke up late, and I wasn't able to get a ride from my friend. So I had to run to school, and I was really tired. I was planning to have a little nap then ask my friend who's also in your class, Selena Paige about what we did at lunch time. So please don't give me detention, my mum will be expecting me after school, and my phone's battery is really low so I won't be able to tell her that I'll be in detention." I explained.

I looked up at her hopefully. Surely she'd understand? Right?

******

Soon it was lunchtime, and I sat down next to Alice. Then I brought out my detention slip and shoved it in front of Selena's face. When I kept it back in my pocket she raised an eyebrow at me. I crossed my arms and glared at her.

"Thanks to your 'payback' this morning I now have a 30 minute detention after school! Oh, and someone told on me because I was sleeping in class." I sent her a look.

"If it wasn't for that adrenaline rush I had when I was running I would of had an hour long detention after school!" I exclaimed, getting weird glances from the other people. I slammed my fists on the table.

"Could you guys PLEASE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS FOR ONCE! So what if I think getting a 30-minute detention after school is bad? YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME!" I shouted. I was tired of getting attention from other people, as weird as that sounded.

"Someone got off the wrong side of bed today." Alice joked, trying to lighten up the mood. She failed. Badly.

"Actually, I rolled out of my sleeping bag." I snapped. "At 7:55." I added, sending a glare at Selena. She just shrugged, biting into her muffin. I glanced at Joe who was laughing with his friends. He didn't seem disturbed that nearly every girl, with and without boyfriends, was staring at him with dreamy eyes.

If it was me, I would be freaked out.

Anyway, Alice shook her head as an answer to the question I was thinking of asking.

"No, not yet. I just have to..." Her eyes suddenly widened, then she smiled nervously.

"I mean I, um, have to finish this sandwich." She said, pointing at her burger.

"Alice, that's a burger." I said, laughing, Selena joined in and Alice chuckled along with us. She stood up.

"I'll be right back." She said, and rushed out of the cafeteria. A few seconds later 6 or 7 girls walked out after her.

I reached into my pocket to get my phone but I accidentally brought out the detention slip. 30 minutes after school.

Today's Lesson: Never Underestimate The Power Of An Adrenaline Rush

****

HEY!!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Sorry about any mistakes!

Vote, comment, share and lesson 7 will be coming soon!

Enjoy the rest of your day!! :)