Lesson 21: Don't Assume Things So Easily When It Comes To The Paige Siblings

(Derek's POV)

I was still in the Cafe, sitting and waiting for Amber to return. I popped another delicious Haribo into my mouth, and that's when I saw Amber rush out of the bathroom.

Her face was pale, her hair was all over the place like she'd been running a hand through it repeatedly and she had a panicked expression. As soon and she reached me she grabbed her bag and started packing up her stuff, and left some money on the table.

"Hey, I'm the guy, I'm paying." I said, and took the money, replacing it with my own. She rolled her eyes at me.

"That is so sexist but we have to go now Derek! Something has happened." She replied, stood up and dragged me out of the Cafe.

"What happened? Is it something bad?" I asked worriedly, and Amber stopped both of us at a bench, and we sat down. She turned to face me.

"You know how you said you'd deal with Selena, because she obviously wouldn't approve of this relationship," She started, and I nodded, wondering where it was going.

"Well, I think it's too late now. I was in the bathroom when my phone said I received a message. I checked it and saw this." She said, and showed me her phone. It only took one look at the picture to know we were in serious trouble.

"Amber, who did this? Is it that guy that you've been pranking?" I muttered angrily, my hands forming into fists. I think she murmured, 'I wish'.

"That's a really long story, Derek." She simply said, standing up. I rolled my eyes, pulling her back down on to my lap. She immediately blushed and moved off.

"I have time." I said, and she shook her head.

"No you don't, because you're going to drive me to your house so I can catch Selena before major damage happens." She simply stated, and stood up again. I grinned mischievously at her.

"You're hot when you're bossy." I said, and she rolled her eyes, smiling a bit but ignored me and started walking towards the motorbike. I chuckled quietly to myself.

This one was worth holding on to.

*****

(Selena's POV)

I gripped my phone tightly as I looked at the picture. How could she? I had warned Amber and Alice countless times to not get involved with my brother. Not because I was in love with my brother and thought that if I couldn't have him, no-one else could, it was because I didn't want my friends heart to get broken.

Derek was a bad-boy player.

With his dark hair, handsome features and dangerous motorbike, also how he was expelled twice, he was the complete bad boy image. And girls fell for it every time. That was how different girls in my school that he'd played always came to me, crying and asking why my brother had dumped them. Every time I was the blame, I had to take the consequences for my brother's actions.

That's why I kept my best friends away from him. But then Alice got her heart broken, and Amber was my only hope. Then I saw the picture.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at my phone again; trying to make sure I wasn't seeing things. But it wasn't me seeing things, it was completely true, I had a picture of Amber kissing my brother.

The boy that was going to break her heart.

And the worst part of all of this, was that it was her first kiss. I shook my head, knowing there was nothing more I could do. I was about to turn off my phone when the door of my room burst open and Amber came running in, shortly after followed by Derek.