viii. but the punchline goes

chapter eight ━ holidaze part twoseason six, episode ten

chapter eight holidaze part two
season six, episode ten

it's freaking christmas!

christmas eve

Four days after Thanksgiving, Aliya didn't leave the hospital. Her dress was folded neatly into her cubby, her coat slung across the bench carelessly, and she burned through six pairs of scrubs after various incidents involving traumas and blood gushing out of open abdominal wounds.

The nurses gossiped about her (in a worried, caring way rather than the usual), speculating reasons as to why she hadn't gone home yet, and if she was finally going mad. The other surgeons were wary when she was on their service, her regular sunny attitude was suppressed by her a new, blunt attitude they did not like.

She didn't really enjoy it either, but this was what she was working with today.

Everyone watched her from afar on the fourth day and it came to a point where Alex and Meredith came to get her from the hospital on their day off, practically dragging her out of there.

two days after thanksgiving

"She needs to go home." Meredith commented, observing Aliya cautiously as she snapped, rather out of character, at an intern for not drawing blood properly out of a patients arm.

"No, she doesn't. Leave her here. I like Aliya when she's pissed and bitchy." Cristina replied, smiling over at the brunette who was now condescendingly demonstrating how to draw blood by drawing on the back of an old chart in black and red biro pen.

"She's pissed because her whole family are lunatics." Alex stated, raising his head to study his friend closer. "Believe me, I was there. She's the only normal Levine."

"Mommy issues are brutal." Meredith stated, empathising with Aliya who was now making her way over to them, her face tensed with anger. The three were pretty sure she had made the wide eyed intern cry.

He was now no longer to be seen.

"Interns." The brunette scoffed deeply, grabbing a chart off of the desk. "They get worse every year. We weren't that bad were we?" She stared down at the chart with a shaking head, scribbling angrily onto it with so much force she began to cut through the pages, making the other three residents agree with her instantly.

Because, who knows what would happen if they disagreed.

christmas eve