xvi. like a gun to the head (literally)

chapter sixteen ━ death and all his friendsseason six, episode twenty four

chapter sixteen death and all his friends
season six, episode twenty four

❝ one minute we were drinking
coffee, and now the people
we care about are dead.
how did that happen?

Aliya Levine liked to think she was inquisitive.

However, in actual fact, she was just nosy. She didn't like being left in the dark. She didn't like the unknown.

She hated it in fact.

She hated surprises more than she hated Alex's carbonara, the one thing he could actually cook, though it tasted like complete garbage.

The thing is, Aliya liked to think about the future. Where she would be, who she would be with. Would she still live in Seattle? Or, would she be travelling the world? Only time could tell.

One of the things she did think about often was what it would feel like when she died, seeing as death was the only guarantee in life.

Most importantly, what her final thoughts would be when she was reaching the supposed golden gates.

Aliya had never reached the so called golden gates. She didn't know what it would be like.

Even though she had a few near death experiences ranging from being in close quarters to a bomb in a body cavity, getting in a car crash when she was sixteen, to nearly getting run over on the street on a random Tuesday.

But, what she did know was that when the man in the jacket holding a gun emerged from around the hall, she wasn't thinking about anything else except that man and everyone else around her.

It wasn't like the movies, where her life flashed before her eyes and she saw a montage of her life of sentimental moments that meant a great deal to her.

It was more like the physical sensation of a hand around her heart, puncturing every inch of her heart walls as her eyes froze on him. Watching whilst her head began to pound in panic. Simply watching when Andy was shot. Staring as the man walked carelessly down the hall on a rampage.

She felt light, as if she was drifting into thin air, like she wasn't actually living this.

It was only when she watched Andy die in her arms where everything fell apart. Where she returned to reality and everything that was happening right in front of her eyes began to register. It became real.