xl. the cut that always bleeds

chapter forty ━ the alchemyseason eight, episode ~

chapter forty the alchemy
season eight, episode ~

arizona's great and all,
but she's not you!

After the whirlwind of events of the past couple weeks, Aliya desperately felt the overwhelming desire and unwavering need to complete the to-do list she had sitting on her bedside table collecting dust and coffee rings for the past year.

It was the sort of effect that the clinical trial being tampered with by one of her most trusted friends, and her mother showing up at the hospital to tell her she was a failure had on her.

No wonder the girl had trust issues, seeing as the people she was meant to trust always found away to betray her.

"How's the whole peds thing going?" Jackson asked, genuinely without malice, his fingers tapping a tune against the steering wheel.

Aliya, in her new era, was sat in the passenger seat, one hand swirling her iced coffee around in her takeaway cup whilst her nodded along to the music, a pair of sunglasses on her face which made her look like some sort of celebrity.

"I wish to claw my eyes out." Aliya spoke causally in response.

As much as the brunette loved both Alex Karev and Arizona Robbins, she couldn't ignore the fact that her heart was owned by a completely different specialty.

"It's been six days—"

"Irrelevant." Aliya quickly interrupted from where she was now rifling through Jackson's CD collection, spread across her lap like a blanket. He liked his CD's as much as she did, and she didn't even think that was possible. "The Bangles! No way!"

"You know," Jackson cleared his throat, reaching his hand over to turn the volume down the music on the radio Aliya insisted on blasting.

"We could always skip the first item on the agenda," Jackson pitched, glancing over at her, where she hadn't even fully processed what he had to say yet. "Go straight to whatever else you have on that magic list of yours."

Aliya, finally returned to Earth, consulted her list (written on Powerpuff Girls stationary of course) carefully, narrowing her eyes at her cursive handwriting. "Are you suggesting we go against the natural order of the list?"

From the tone of her voice, it seemed as if Jackson had suggested committing a crime.

"It wouldn't hurt." Jackson spoke with a shrug.