Chapter 32

~~~~Jinx

I looked at a purple stone who was just in front of me. Achlys's eyes widened in panic.

"JINX DON'T!" She screamed as she was stumbling to get back up.

I looked down at the stone and picked it up anyways when there was suddenly a flash of white light.

Something warm embraced me before i felt a piercing pain in my stomach.

I slowly opened my eyes to find Achlys hugging me but groaning in pain. I looked behind her to find a gigantic spear sticking out from her back.

"Ach...lys..."

She slowly raised her head who was hiding in my shoulder to reveal blood dripping out of her mouth.

"Ach ... Lys..." I whispered weakly as i slowly raised my hands to her face with tears streaming down my face.

"Shh... It's okay... Don't ... Cry." She whispered smiling weakly at me.

My eyes slowly went down to the spear who had punctured us both, our blood mixing as the sky started to mourn us.

The cold rain on our skin...

I feel so cold... And yet ... You... Still feel warm...

"I ... Jinxed ... Us." I whispered holding her face, wiping off the blood of her mouth.

She groaned out of pain because of her chuckle.

"... And i ... Would let ... You ... Do it ... Again..." She whispered before kissing my forehead. "You're my ... Blessing ... I'm ... The one ... Who failed..." She continued putting her forehead against mine.

Her warmth in her cheeks was slowly leaving her face... I caressed her cheeks trying to make her stay awake.

"I'm sorry ... Sweet Cheeks-... I... I don't think ... I'll be ... Able to stay ... Any ... Longer."

"No... No ... Please." I whispered sobbing and trying to keep her head up. "Achlys PLEASE!"

"I'll find ... You ... Next life ... I'll make you ... Fall in love ... And I'll marry ... You again... So don't be sad.... Please ... Don't cry..." She said as her body went limp in my arms.

My body froze in shock as i held her cold body... Horror took over realizing she was gone, I screamed out in a cry for help. An scream so heartbreaking who echoed throughout the sea...

#######################################

~~~~Achlys

I slowly opened my eyes floating in a completely white space.

"Why?" Said a voice.

I chuckled as i recognized him.

"Magnus..."

"Why Electa. This wasn't planned... The runes hadn't predicted this fate ... So why." He asked.

"I told you, your runes are nothing compared to me. I hold the threads of fate ... I always have." I said looking back at him.

"How did you do it."

I chuckled.

"The runes told you a person would end the world and I'd need to kill them... So I became that person... And I'm dead now... Finally, after all these years i can rest." I said closing my eyes again.

"Why sacrifice yourself when we had a pact?" He asked walking over to me.

"Why...? Because i loved her... She's all that matters ... She Also still has a long life to live where as i have lived for far too long..."

Standing up to face him, i patted his chest.

"Save her instead of me, old friend... And your prophecy will be complete."