La Rencontre (13)

Mazakeen's POV:

"Lucas? I-" I was speechless for a moment, true I wanted to act all high and mighty in front of them to show them how much I changed but god, he changed,  a lot. My words got stuck in my throat as I looked at my older brother.

"I need to go in, could you please let me through?" I quickly compose myself, I cannot lose my cool around them, plus I need to focus I came for something completely different. He slowly moves away, while looking at me like he's seen a ghost. I walk past him confidently and track my packs sent which leads me to the conference room and the alpha's office. I can hear additional heartbeats, other than my packs, I could say about 4 more. I open the door and walk in. There he is. Standing like he's the king of the world with his head held high. Suddenly a smell hit me, coffee beans mixed with the scent of mint and petrichor, it smells heavenly, I take an even bigger whiff, it hits my nose and I can't help but smile to myself. 

I quickly snap myself out of the trans and introduce myself. 

"hi there, I'm Mazakeen, Mazakeen Roberts" I analyse the room, there's Xavier my ex-mate, his parents, of course, to monitor him, and finally my brother who looks so confused. Oh my, I love that look on him. The Blackfield family look like they have seen a ghost while my brother is just frozen in place.

"No need to introduce yourselves as I already know you," I say in a matter-of-fact voice while approaching the conference table. 

Suddenly Troy sits up so fast that his chair falls off.

"Mazakeen is that you, is that really you, you're back, you're finally back!" he says while approaching me, "I missed you so much, you don't know how long we've been searching for you, where did you go, how have you been?" He says urgently, flooding me with questions that I have no interest in answering.

"Listen up Troy, I'm here for business, so I'm not here to mess around nor chit chat with you or answer your stupid unnecessary questions, so if you would please, sit back down and let us discuss the matters you summoned us for" I might've been a bit harsh but it's true, I'm not here to catch up with family nor make some friends, I'm here to train them and fight off whatever danger is lurking in the dark.

Everyone was silent until Micheal spoke up, "So before you got here, Mr Blackfield was just telling us about the strange stuff that's been happening around here" Everyone looked at Mr Blackfield expectingly but he stayed quiet and instead Mrs Blackfield spoke up.

"Well as my husband was saying earlier, there have been some weird occurrences around lately, like sightings of large wolfs in the woods that are unidentified or like threats that are directed at the whole pack, true it may be just a coincidence but that's been proven otherwise, you see while Xavier was out training with Troy in the woods, some wolves came up to them and just simply declared war on us, of course, we took that lightly until people started disappearing and coming back either beat up or well...dead and since we weren't prepared for such things we decided that reaching out for help was the best choice." She explained while keeping her head down.

I didn't know things were that serious, I mean threats, kidnapping, violence and a war declaration, that's pretty big, they're in for something way ahead of them, I just wish me and my pack can be of help.

"Well you've got yourself in something pretty big, but we're here to help so that's exactly what we'll be doing, as of today every eligible member of your pack will be trained both physically and mentally, it's going to be hard at first but it'll get easier with time. They will have to wake up at 6 am sharp and they are going to join Mazakeen out on the training grounds so that she could examine them to determine, what exactly we're going to be working with, and we'll have a scheduled meeting today after lunch and the next days so that we can discuss this matters in more depth if that's alright with you?" I look at John who just finished talking and is now jotting down something on his piece of paper. "That was a pretty neat plan, well done John," I say through the mind link. John turns his head towards me and gives me a simple nod with a small smile. 

"Very well, that's perfect, I will inform everyone of the changes that will be happening as of now" First time I hear him talk today, his voice is as annoying as ever. Xavier looks up at me, and just stares which I counter with a look of disgust and disapproval.

As the meeting came to an end, I slowly head out munching quietly on my hot Cheetos and minding my own business. Out of nowhere, Troy comes in front of me and hugs me so tightly that my Cheetos get squashed. 

"I missed you so much, you would never believe how much, and I'm so sorry," he says while burying his face in my hair. I wanted to push him off and tell him to go screw himself but I held back when I felt a hot tear hit my head. He was crying and I'm not that mean, so I gave him back the hug but of course, it didn't mean anything. It was just out of pity, or what I would like to say.

We stayed like that for a bit before someone cleared their throat, it was Lucas and he had flowers in his hands.

"hey I'm sorry to interrupt but can I please talk to you, It's really important and I've been meaning to say this forever since the day you left us. Please just hear me out, just one more chance then you could do whatever you want, just please?" Well well look at that, this is going to be a good day, I can't wait.

"Sure let's talk, why not"

Hey guys it has been a long long while, I have zero excuses except that i lost motivation and had nothing in mind to write so I'm sorry for those who were following along with the story, my deepest and most sincere apologies ❤🐼