chapter 2 - Hallucination?

Ametrine pushed me into the waterfall that was behind me and I landed on the inside of a hidden cave, I felt that the alien god wanted to be alone so I headed out through the opposite waterfall mirroring hers. I looked around, soaking wet, it was nearly morning judging by the sun rising. I stepped forward and tripped over a stick causing me to tumble down the mountain. It wasn't far but now there are sticks and bugs in my hair. 

      "That's going to be a living hell to brush out" I mumbled under my breath as a police car dove by, clearly noticing my state.

      "Oh my god.. are you alright sweetheart?" a female police officer asked, getting out of her car. I stood up, cuts and bruises everywhere. my legs felt weak and I had a severe headache.

      "well... kinda? but I think I have a mild concussion?" I said awkwardly pulling down my skirt which was ripped in several places, "could you take me home?" She led me to the back of the car and helped me inside, checking for anything suspicious, she pulled a stick out of my hair along with a few small pieces of obsidian. She takes one look at my arm and quickly wraps it up in gauze and ace wrap.

      "Damn kid, how did this happen?" she muttered continuing to patch up the majority of the larger cuts and covering my face in bandaids. 

      "I fell... down the mountain.... and in the woods somewhere nearby, I also got lost in a cave system and might have hallucinated for like two hours or so..." I didn't say anything else, I don't need to get arrested for underage drinking. 

      The officer looked at me worriedly and shut the door, she sat in the driver's seat, "change of plans darlin' I'm taking you to the hospital, we can call your family there but you need to get checked out." I tensed as she started driving, the trees and roads were pretty in this area, it's early spring in South Carolina. The trees are green and lively with bits of dew, pink flowers littered the road along with the little yellow splotches of pollen.

      "Dispatch we have a 10-56 and possible 10-16, I'm en route to the hospital." She said into her walkie-talkie thing.... what are they called? I tuned out the dispatcher and thought about Ametrine, I don't know if she was a hallucination but she was one hell of a woman, she was beautiful. her skin was like smooth glass and shimmered in the light of the crystals. I stared out the window, lost in thoughts on if she was a hallucination.

      "Kiddo, we're here, but I can't stay with you I'm currently working on a case and need to get a move on." I nodded and left the car, "just as a warning, the child lock isn't on." the officer laughed and I headed into the hospital, the inside was boring... like a normal hospital, everything was white.

      A nurse with white hair noticed me and asked for my name. "my name is Blake Oran, but please call me Lake." She nodded and began asking me basic questions like my immediate family, insurance, and previous illnesses.

      "follow me, I saw you come with the officer so we have a room ready for you." I followed the nurse through the twisted hallways and the few floors we had to move, she led me to an open room with a cot on the side and some cute posters on the wall. "the doctor will be here shortly." The Snow Nurse left and I explored the room. I didn't have my phone on me, I left my jacket in the cave. 

      I home Ametrine is okay with that, I think she'd look great in a punk rock style. I shook my head violently, don't think of her. she probably isn't real. she was just a hallucination. I looked at the clock for about five minutes before the door opened.

      "Hello, My name is Dr. Amythyst Cooper, I am your pediatrician today, you are... Lake?" I nod, "by the way, I use they/them pronouns, do you think you can manage that, Lake?" I smile and nodded softly, they asked me the same questions as before but one of them catches my eye. "have you recently had any sexual intercourse?" I thought for a moment... I don't know how long I was in that cave, I don't know how long I was ... probably on drugs.

      "Could you tell me what day it is?" Dr. Cooper looked at me with a bit of worry, "April 30th, is everything alright?" I nodded.

      "yes, two days ago... " I whispered avoiding the second question. They note that remark inside their notes on the computer. They continue with the questions, I answered the best I could because my dad isn't here to help.  the doctor put away their computer and asked a few more personal questions. 

      "was the intercourse consensual?" 

      "no..."