Chapter 4 - The Baby and The Pain.

I left my hands on my stomach unsure of how I should feel. I'm scared. I'm happy. "What should I do? I mean... I don't know what I'm gonna do... how far..." I asked Dr. Cooper, They shook their head. 

      "We assume about 4-6 months, but without parental consent, we can't give you an ultrasound to be definitive." They gently laid a hand on my shoulder, "can you tell me why the stitches in your leg are glowing." I shook my head looking down at my leg. The colors shimmered and pulsated with calming energy, sweet, I sat on the floor and waited... for something, I couldn't move. Only the window crashing startled out my haze.

      Ametrine picked me up and started running, Dr. Cooper spoke into a walkie-talkie "WE GOT A CODE PURPLE, NORTH WING, HEADING WEST IN A WHITE ROBE OF SOME SORT, LOOKS TO BE SILVER, SKIN CONDITION UNKNOWN." I held tight to the alien as she sprinted down the hall keeping me close to her chest. I could hear her mumbling cuss words and little phrases before feeling glass fall into my hair and hit my skin.

      Ametrine continued to run, and she is extremely fast for a crystal. She jumped over a FUCKING. BRIDGE. Traffic stopped to take pictures as Ametrine locked us back into her tunnel of caves, she effortlessly slid down the walls and hid us behind some stalagmite she put her ear against my stomach and started tearing up, I laid my hand on her face with a comforting smile, I don't know what's going on... but I'm not hallucinating.

      After some cave divers passed, She picked me up and started running, eventually, we ended up back at the waterfall pool. She set me down and kissed my forehead, a comforting presence. 

      "It's my baby." I spit out the water she gave me and looked at her jumping around the cave, WAIT WAIT, I'm pregnant... at 16... with an alien... oh the government is gonna have a field day with this one.

      "Ametrine?" she looked at me, her eyes a beautiful shade of orange with a little bit of a pink fade in the middle. "If I'm having your baby what does that make me? and how do you know it's your baby? and this place looks so much... dimmer than before?"

      The Crystal goddess sat next to me, "I believe this is what you humans call... a one-time thing? The Baby is mine because of the crystals in your leg... they are similar to Men's Reproductive system in your world... however... You are The Only Human I could... have a child." She explained, trying her best to express that I'm the only one of her kind to have mixed well.

     "Baby has sound, Our sound..." she says demonstrating by tapping her leg with her finger. A simple chink filled the cave, it sounded like music, I  think I've heard this tone before. "your sound... is always more like..." She moved her arm quickly through the air, I quickly jumped back and covered my face, tears fell from my eyes.

     "LAKE! no, I... don't mean to hurt..." I felt her hand reach around my arms to place it on my cheek, the cool glass calmed me a bit. It took me a moment to put my arms down, I felt the alien back away softly caressing down my face.

      "Ame? Can you sing? please..." She cuddled up next to me and pulled me into a cuddling embrace.. why do I trust her so much.

" Beyond that distant shore,

Lies the truth of lore,

an acapella dream,

Only those who rip the seams,

every piece you see,

represents a key,

though you don't understand,

you see the land,

a world of black,

just intact,

oh, sweet home,

a beautiful escape,

why don't you shatter me?

Darling?

Darling?

Why don't you shatter me?"

      her words echoed around the cave, the sadness, and warning in her voice were calming and sweet, she held me tight and placed a hand on my stomach, She speaks with such clarity that couldn't help it when I took off my clothes to take a rest inside the pool, She disappeared for a while, only to come back with some clothes, I didn't ask no matter how much I wanted to.

     I dressed in the black yoga pants and sports bra it was super comfy, I felt like sleeping... I curled up next to her inside the cave, she hummed the same melody as I slowly drifted into the first good rest I've had in a long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      When I awoke was in my bed, covered in more bruises, Ametrine was nowhere to be found, I could hear the whimpering of my sister outside the door, I knew she was beaten instead of me while I was gone. I stood up and motioned for her to crawl inside, it's still early enough that our dad won't see it.

      "lake... I'm sorry...." I just hugged her on the floor, we needed solidarity, I looked her in the eye and moved her hair out of her face.

      "Never say sorry, we were dealt a bad hand, but we can win the game if we play by others' rules, okay?" I smiled softly and she nodded. We left my room to begin our bad day. The first step to not get hurt: Cook eggs sunny side up, medium, two shakes of salt, alongside bacon, extra flimsy, and two slices of toast drowned in melted butter.

      My sister set the table while I placed our father's meal before his seat at the table. No Food until he finished eating.

      "Girls. Sit." the tall man ordered, we followed his orders and sat beside his chair, on the floor. No moving or else... the tazer. My body was cold, my legs were numb by the time he finished, he grabbed my hair and pulled me to his eye level, "this is terrible, there is only one shake of salt, the bacon isn't flimsy and the toast.. where do I fucking begin."

      He pushed out his seat and dragged me to my room, threw me to the floor, my spine hit the bedside table and the edge of the open closet door, I whimpered in pain. I forced myself to curl into a ball while the lashings lasted.

1. bad breakfast

2. abandoning him

3. leaving Darren to get arrested

4. Getting pregnant

5. the medical bill

6. Getting kidnapped

7. almost getting him arrested.

8. bleeding from the lashings

9. crying

10. being 16

11. Drinking

12. Getting raped

     and so on, 50 lashings in total, Maria stayed at her spot at the table, listening to me scream in pain as each was administered, and as each scream faded another came right on top. 

      "I'm done with you. Stay here and think about your pitiful existence." The door was slammed and all I could think about was the blood falling onto the carpet.