chapter 3 - The Closet

"can you tell me about it?" Dr. Amythyst asked softly, offering a cookie that she had in their pocket. I nodded and took a huge breath.

      The bar was brightly colored and it was fairly warm when I arrived. Darren had his arm around my waist while Delores and her boyfriend, Kevin, were in front of us. The outfit I was wearing was picked out by Darren and Delores had done my makeup, though all she did was some light eyeliner.

      "Blake, pay attention," Darren whispered in my ear while gripping my waist, there will be a bruise there later. I gave an awkward giggle at a joke that Delores said while the rest of the group laughed, Delores was pretty, she was tall and slender with brown curly hair, a deep tan skin with an angel's glow. She was wearing a REALLY short dress, red and sparkly, and red lips... soft and pointed on the edges.

      Kevin was also pretty cute... for a guy. lightly tanned skin, he matched Delores with a red button-up and some jeans. My skirt made me uncomfortable but if I messed with it I'll be yelled at... Darren was wearing a black button-up and dark jeans. His hair was swept over and styled to be fluffy, pale skin outlined his blue eyes.

      We made out way to the bar while Delores and Kevin went dancing, joining the crowd. Darren ordered me some type of alcohol and I drank it, I can't go through that fear of what he did last time. My mind felt fuzzy and dizzy after the fourth or fifth drink so I went to dance with Delores, Darren stayed at the bar.

      Delores loved dancing so we were on the dance floor, stealing ordered drinks and flirting with people we found attractive. Delores led me to a closet to get out of the crowd and Darren pulled me in. I felt his hands everywhere and I felt glass across my thigh. His lips were on my neck and his hands were holding me up against the closet door.

      I felt him put something in my mouth, "swallow, baby.." He whispered in a seductive manner, I shivered as he kept teasing my neck. I couldn't move, I felt paralyzed... I don't want this.. make it stop... make it stop.

      Dr. Cooper stopped me there and just hugged me, they just let me eat my cookie in silence. "Well, Lake, We should call your parents-" I shook my head

      "They are probably worse than Darren." They looked at me with sympathy. I let them examine my cuts and bruises, they looked down my thigh to see the crystals.

      "These look like stitches... did you stitch yourself with Howlite?" They ran their finger along with them with a very gentle look, whispering little phrases like, 'it's okay,' I let them, they were gentle... respected my boundaries... I was comfortable.

      "Lake, this might trigger your anxiety, but we have to check something and it requires us to... look inside.." They gestured trying their best to explain.

      I laughed, " don't worry doctor... I've done that before." 

      After the doctor left and all of the tests were finished I lay on the cot and stared at the little things around the room. The boredom hit and I let my mind wander to thoughts and thoughtlessness. I measured the room with my toes. I acted out a scene from 'Romeo and Juliet'. I looked through the cabinets and found a stash of soda. I drank one and looked at myself in the mirror.

      I was pretty. Beautiful. Red curls that fade into a violet at my waist, large hips, small waist, huge breasts, small nose, large eyes. My makeup was smudged and all over my face. I laughed at it for a few minutes. I felt like me.

      I subconsciously laid my left hand on top of my stomach... my right hand on the bottom. I slowly screeched. Not again. Not now. Dr. Amythyst opened the door and looked at me with the utmost sympathy.

      "Sweetheart... I looked at your file. you have two other abortions... how many times has this happened..." I looked at them. I felt my eyes grow heavy and lose control of my legs. The floor was cold.