Chapter 6 - Maria's End.

The police station was crowded and uncomfortable, Darren reached through some bars laughing at my sister. "well, well, if it isn't Blake, the dream crasher." he mumbled to himself over and over, the police officer continued to guide the two to an interrogation room, a mirror inside, I've watched enough crime movies to know that there are officers in there.

      "Lake..." maria whispered as we entered the room, the police officer leaving us. "who was that?" she asked loudly, I quickly shushed her knowing she'd talk about Ametrine. I pulled her to the corner of the room and sat on the floor, I looked at every corner looking for any cameras.

     "Okay, I need you to not freak out, "I whispered covering all sides of my mouth, " long story short, after I ran away from Darren I met Ametrine, she's an Alien made of crystals, and I'm carrying her baby? so she's kinda like a guardian angel at this point." Maria's eyes widened as she hugged me, making a promise to not doom Ametrine, a lawyer walked in. 

     She set a book on the table and also a plate of snacks with some water. "don't be shy, come sit at the table..." She motioned to the chairs, I pulled Maria with me gently and we sat in front of her, she had a black suit with some heels and pretty space buns. "You two have been through a lot lately, could you tell me what it is like?"

     I stayed silent while Maria spoke about everything that happened to her in the few days I was away. I forced myself to look away and ignore what she said, the little things hurt much worse when this is what she endured for two days...

      "Lake, you have to talk too." The Lawyer started, pushing the snacks towards me. 

      "long story short, everything that happened to Maria with 10 years experience" I muttered eating a cookie. The woman looked absolutely horrified, a pure rage was slipping into her eyes. She stood and left the room, my throat began to close up and I stopped being able to breathe, I saw Maria run after her before I passed out.

--------------------------------------------------      

      I woke up in a white room, everything was too bright. I felt the familiar texture of glass laying on top of my hand, "You look like shit" I smiled as she felt me move. Ametrine kissed my forehead, her silver dress laying on the floor. She made no move to smile and lifted her other hand to... be completely gone. "I'm sorry Ame... I think some of the pieces ended up in my room if there's any way to fix it..."

      Ametrine looked at me with a confused look, "Why sorry? this was my choice, I could have fixed my arm... but then I wouldn't be able to see you." Her ethereal voice had a murmur of hope, a comforting sound. I looked at her, my heart throbbed at her sad eyes, the emotion clear as day on her clear skin, the orange and purple mixing around her collar bone. She hugged me softly, before shouting to the doctors and disappearing out the window.

      "ah, your awake... listen this is a really bad time, can you wait about 10 minutes?" the nurse said leaving the room to help a critically endangered girl... "MARIA!" I shrieked and sat up, before promptly passing out back into the pillow, Nurses came inside to move the bed just before my eyes closed. I took in Heavy breaths still hearing machines and voices mumbling over me...

--------------------------------------------------

      Ametrine shook me awake, it's about 2/3 am, "We have to go, Lake... it's not safe here..." She murmured picking me up bridal style and jumping out the window.

      "STOP JUMPING OUT FUCKING WINDOWS!" Ametrine ignored me and I pressed myself against her, suddenly the hospital is on fire.  I covered my eyes in Ametrine's neck as she runs, the similar feeling of anxiety bubbled up in my stomach, "Ame... I don't feel good can we stop?" She sid inside a small cave and laid me down onto the ground, She kissed me on the lips and I pushed her away.

      "Ame... Why?" She looked into my eyes, she just stared, her eyes are pretty... the glowing crystals behind me shimmered in her eyes, showing little stars shimmering inside the violet parts. She sighed and her breath quickly cooled as she laid her head against the wall beside my head, somewhat over me.

      "Remember when I told you that you're the only human I could reproduce with? Well... when crystals reproduce they normally have to put a part of them inside a highly pressurized place with their partner... when I went through your memories... I noticed all the movies you watched about aliens, you were scared." She said leaning against the wall more, adding a small amount of pressure to my chest.

      I wrapped my arms around her hips and held her close, she needed the comfort. "I don't mean that... why did you kiss me?"

      "The crystals, when a certain amount flourishes inside the skin some of the mealed scars could leak into the bloodstream and reports how your feeling to me, and when I saw... a memory of Maria I.. knew I needed to keep you safe." Her voice cooed as she sat back down on her knees, looking at me... truly at me.

      I felt seen, I felt comfortable, I felt happy, I was overwhelmed with excitement. I pulled Ametrine close and kissed her. Her skin is warm to the touch and smoother than glass, I felt her wrap her hand around my waist and pick me up. 

      Her movement was gentle and slow, I held onto her as she sat me down next to the pool, there was a pile of clothes against the wall, a simple addition. She sat next to me, her legs curled in an elegant manner, she kissed my cheek and fell asleep watching the waterfall, she was pretty when she slept. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

      "Goodnight, Ametrine."