Chapter 9 - Japan

A/N: There's an amazing Robsten video on YouTube by Libenet and it features the song 'Sort Of' by Ingrid Michaelson so I've put the video over there >> the video is beautiful and the song reminds me so much of Robsten so I just wanted to share that with you. It inspired this chapter. ~WorshipStew

(Kristen's P.O.V)

Baby, you've got the sort of laugh that waters me. And makes me grow tall and strong and proud; and flattens me. I find you stunning but you are running me down. My love's too big for you, my love.

The ride on the plane was long, I didn't fall asleep like I'd planned. I just stared out the window as the fluffy clouds flew by underneath me. The sky whirred past and I found that I couldn't stop thinking of Rob. The song 'Sort Of' by Ingrid Michaelson came on, reminding me even more of him. 'My love's too big for you, my love' I really did love him far too much for my own sake; but I didn't really care. Rob owns my heart, there's so point trying to fight it. I closed my eyes, relaxing, with my earphones in letting the sky around me slip away.

I woke when the plane landed with a jolt, making me sit bolt upright in shock. I blinked, confused, trying to remember where I was, my iPod was still blaring in my ears. I pulled the earphones out and stuffed my iPod in my pocket. I stared out the window to see the dark view of an airport. I was assisted off the plane and surprisingly, there were very few paparazzi to greet me. I looked up in awe; the night sky of Tokyo was beautiful. The night was lit up with bright skyscrapers and flashing neon signs on various already brightly lit buildings. It was like a permanent theme park; except the rides. The city was amazing, but probably the cause of global warming with all the electricity usage. It was lit up like a Christmas tree.

I was led through the airport; it was mostly deserted apart from the annoying paparazzi which I tried by best ignore. I pondered how late it must be. I wasn't in the slightest tired; having slept on the journey here and the sudden drastic time difference. It would take me awhile to fit into the right sleeping routine. Jeez. I emerged from the airport and it didn't seem too late as people were still walking the streets. There was a cluster of young Japanese girls who were screaming my name as I was being escorted toward my car. They looked happy to see me, making me beam with pride. I quickly went over to sign autographs as they said, presumably sweet things to me, in Japanese. I gave an awkward wave as I got into my limo to drive towards my hotel.

As I got driven through more streets of Tokyo; I was amazed even more. The buildings soared into the sky, never seeming to end, and the lights lit up the entire city. The hotel, which my limo pulled up in front of, looked grand. It was, presumably, a 5 star. My luggage got taken by a bell boy and I got escorted towards the doors. The lobby was extremely fancy, red and gold interior, and even the carpet was a startling red; It was almost too much. I walked towards the escalator after getting my room key; it was a 1 bedroom pent house. A huge room, with a pool, jacuzzi and a balcony overlooking Japan. Beautiful but too high class for me. I wish I'd have booked my room now; I just let my assistant do it for me. I didn't mind luxury, I just didn't want the 'best' stuff. It made me feel uptight and snobby and I believed myself to be anything but.

I dumped the rest of my things down on the king sized bed and stared out of the windows overlooking the beautiful Japan. The city was made up of brightly lit skyscrapers which were reflected in the water of my pool. The shimmering water was visible from my bedroom as the huge windows overlooked my balcony too. The dark of the night sky reminded me again to check the time. I turned to glance at my bedside clock; the time was just past 8pm. I started to unpack my things, not really leaving my bedroom before falling backwards onto the bed landing with a 'poof'.

I stared at the while ceiling and my thoughts tracked back to Rob. I rolled onto my tummy, grabbing my phone to check it. My heart did a little stutter as I had a text from my gorgeous boyfriend. I opened the text; a smile on my face and it read: