|08|

Two days later the fantasy came to an end. Killian had received a call from his mother; she knew that he had already completed everything he was meant to do, and yet he was lingering still in Willsden Brooke when he was needed back home.

After Rachel's reaction to his proposal the night before, he wasn't too optimistic about what would happen. He was most concerned, not about never seeing Rachel again, but about what would happen to her when he left; she had told him that she had nowhere to go, and he hated the idea of her living out of her car.

He sighed, finishing packing up the rest of his things into his duffle bag, trying not to think too hard on what he would say, or what would come next. He listened to the melodic sound of Rachel's voice as she showered, she sang so beautifully. Killian couldn't help but think that to live the rest of his life without ever being able to hear her sing again would be a tragedy.

He had half a mind to join her and then he could make her sing in other ways, but before he could make good on his thoughts the sound of the shower stopped. Rachel, hair soaking wet, water droplets still running down her chest, and wrapped only in a white towel emerged from the condensated sauna of the bathroom.

She stopped in the doorway, her gut knowing that between Killian's melancholy expression and his packed duffle bag on the bed, that something was going on.

"You're leaving?" She murmured, a stab of pain attacking her heart. She hated it, whether because she didn't like how much he affected her, or because of the actual fact he was leaving Rachel wasn't too sure. "I thought you said you had another day."

Killian didn't miss the way she pulled her towel around her tighter, as if hoping it would shield her in some way. He could see the betrayal on her face, and he couldn't blame her; he was after all, meant to stay another day.

"I'm sorry angel." His voice was gentle as he tried to soothe her. He stood from where he had been seated on the bed, hating the way she took a step away from him when he stepped closer to her. "I got a call, apparently I'm needed back home."

Rachel tried to steady her face, and push away her emotions. She knew this was coming eventually, she had just convinced herself that she would be able to be the one to walk away first. That she would slip out during the night, and she wouldn't have to deal with the fall out. Only he was leaving first.

"Leave then, I don't care." Rachel looked away, suddenly feeling very vulnerable standing there in nothing but a towel. She didn't want him to see how much she hurt, how much she cared.

It was irrational, she thought, to be so angry and upset over this. She knew it was. She had only known him a few days, and yet still she felt betrayed that he had lied to her. She felt empty at the prospect of never seeing him again because knowing what she was like, that was exactly what would happen, and she hated herself all the more for it.

Killian held back a growl, no longer hesitating from going over to hold her. One hand slipped around her waist pressing her closer to him, the other caressing the side of her neck.

"Now, let's not leave things like that." He watched as a singular droplet of water teased a sensual trail down her neck to her cleavage. He followed the trail with his tongue, the intimate, pleasurable action sending shocks of desire through them both.

Rachel barely noticed as he slipped the towel off her body until she felt the cold, hard wall pressed against her back. She wanted to protest, but before she could his mouth was on hers, kissing her with a fierce burning passion. She moaned, the sound swallowed by him.

His hands were against her wanting flesh, groping, stroking, caressing. His mouth moved from hers, trailing a heated path down her jaw, to her neck. She gasped, the pleasant feeling had her wide eyed; then she spotted the bag on the bed, and she remembered all too clearly why this wasn't a good idea.