14.

"Yea imma do that" KJ heard Amir said as she came down the hall.

"I don't want to tho" he said.

Her eyes widened in realization.

he's talking to himself she thought.

"Amir" she cautiously called.

He looked at her and smiled.

"Wassup? You good?" He asked.

Deciding to just ignore what had happened, she just nodded.

"Ight you ready? Get ya coat ma" he smiled.

Once she got her coat and her purse, the two headed out of the condo and into his car.

"Where are we even going Amir?" KJ asked as he sped down a highway.

"Mmm somewhere" he replied glancing at her.

"Who do you look up to?" KJ asked, breaking the silence that had fallen over them.

Amir shrugged "My mama fasho,"

"Why?"

"She was a fuckin g, like everyone talk about Tech and what I used to be on. But I could never touch half the shit my ma did, and aside from the streets she was just a strong ass individual." He nodded.

"What about you?" He asked.

KJ smiled "Honestly Ximora.. she always did for me even when she didn't have it"

He nodded causing her eyes to roll.

"Engage in the conversation.. like ask me another question" she told him.

"Ight..what temperature you like to keep the house on?" He asked.

She eyed him weirdly "Boy... mmm sixty"

He scrunched up his face "That's cold as fuck, you weird."

"You asked" she shrugged.

"Mmm what's the most pain you felt that wasn't physical?" KJ asked.

She watched him tense up as thoughts ran through his head.

"I was gon say my mom dying, but it's really when I figured out that my daddy hated me" he told her.

"I was like six when I realized that shit, it was hurtful as fuck..cause I'm tryna connect with the nigga and he constantly shutting me down."

He quickly glanced at her "What about you?"

"My mom kicking us out, ion remember a lot from that day. But I vividly remember her saying 'my man getting tired of y'all' it was like damn you choosing a man over your kids" she laughed at the thought.

The question brought out memories for the both of them, so they just sat quietly for the rest of the ride.

"Amir imma let you know this now, if you tryna kill me it's not gon work out for you" she blurted out, causing him to laugh.

"I'm so serious Amir"

"I ain tryna kill you mama" he chuckled and parked the car in front of a building.

GUN RANGE.

"You got a lot going on right now, and I just wanted to do sum so you could let it out" he told her.

She watched as he grabbed a gun case from the back seat.

KJ unbuckled her seatbelt and followed him inside the building.

"This is you guy's room, y'all have an hour. Enjoy!" The lady smiled as she left.

KJ took her gun out of her pocket as Amir set everything up.