17.

"Family of Jaelen Torres" one doctor called, causing KJ and the rest to surround her.

"He's fine, but he is heavily medicated, he should be up and alert in a few" the doctor said causing KJ to relax a bit.

Shortly after that, two other doctors came out.

"Family of Amir Jones" KJ heard, she walked towards him and relaxed as he explained Amir's condition.

"He is doing very well, the bullet grazed him. He's up and ready to see you guys. Mr.Jones requested that a KJ come see him as well"

KJ smiled and looked to the last doctor.

"She lost a lot of blood in the ambulance since the bullet hit and damaged her carotid.. I'm so sorry, we did everything we could but..."

The doctor continued to talk to them, but his words fell on deaf ears. KJ took a few steps back until she reached a chair to sit in, her body felt arms wrap around her and she watched as the person spoke, but she couldn't hear them.

KJ sat silent and held onto the person.

maliyah is dead.

my best friend is dead.

my sister is dead.

my sex coach is dead.

"I wanna see Amir" KJ finally spoke.

"Do you want to change first?" the voice asked, seeing KJ's blood stained clothes.

KJ didn't respond.

Still not being able to identify the person holding her, she felt them grab her hand and lead her to his room.

"C'mere" Amir grabbed her arm as she neared his bed and pulled her to the bathroom.

The shower started as he helped her out of her clothes and got her into the shower.

Since she was still in shock, Amir cleaned her up.

After he finished scrubbing her body, she felt him dry her off.

Amir led her out the bathroom and opened the bag his assistant had brought him. He pulled out lotion and rubbed her body down, then he put a long sleeve shirt along with sweats on her.

"You hungry?" He asked, hoping she was coming back to reality.

He didn't get a response.

"Aye.. send me some Waffle House.. the two egg breakfast, make the bread raisin bread.. ight"

KJ held onto him tightly as he helped her into the bed.

Once the two got settled, they laid there in silence as Amir rubbed her back.

"The food is here mami" Amir tapped her leg and helped her up.

She shook her head as he tried to give her the plate.

"I need you to eat for me," he said as she shook her head again.

He sighed and put jam on the bread, then sat it in front of her.

"Just this?"

She nodded and slowly started to eat it as Amir looked down at his phone to text his assistant back.

As he looked up, he saw tears start to stream down his face.

fuck he internally groaned, he didn't do well with crying.

He stayed silent and hugged her, which she was grateful for, since she just wanted silence.

__________________
Five Days Later