24.

im here

come to the door 😆

KJ nervously blew out a breath as she read Chris' message. Although she was a lot more comfortable with him, she was still nervous to be around him.

A knock on her window, interrupted her thoughts and caused her to look up at Chris.

"Hey." She waved, rolling down her window.

"You coming in?" Chris asked as he gave her a warm smile.

She nodded "I'm scared."

"You just saw me last night, I ain gon do you nun." He laughed.

"I know, I'm just nervous.."

"You wanna chill in your car for a minute?" He asked, causing her to nod.

Once he came around, and got in she turned to face him.

"Sooooo"

"Soooooo" he mocked her.

"Have you seen Shiloh?" KJ asked.

A bigger smile spread across his face.

"Yea, and I just got off the FaceTime video thing with them. We said she look just like you when you was a baby"

"I bet things are a lot different since you came out."

Chris chuckled "Fasho, but I'm getting used to it."

She watched as he pulled a blunt out, then looked to her.

"You mind?"

"Not if you let me hit."

He smiled and lit the blunt, then handed it to her.

KJ followed Amir's instructions and did everything perfectly, causing Chris to eye her.

"Ion like this, you grown as fuck"

KJ let out a laugh as she passed the blunt back to him.

"I wanna know how your relationship wit my mom was." KJ said.

This caused Chris to make a "yikes" face and take a long pull from the blunt.

"Toxic. Me and ya mama knew each other from high school, she been fine all her life, so you know I had to see about her. Sherise was a good girl too. Shawty had straight A's, real naive, a strict ass mama, and she was real sweet. I wanted her and I knew she was feeling me, so I took that to my advantage."

Kamari couldn't even begin to picture her mom as Chris was describing her to be.

"I did yo mama so fuckin bad tho, had bitches at her mama house tryna fight almost everyday on some petty shit, but she stayed wimme. Once we had Mora, I knew I had to get myself together, and I did. When we turned 18, I married her and we was doing pretty good, then she cheated so then I cheated. We separated for a lil bit til she found out she was pregnant witchu but once I got the blood test results we decided to try again. Thennn I got locked up, and at first she was holding a nigga down but then the girl I cheated wit came out wit a baby that was mine. She was done wimme and cut all types of communication between all of y'all."

As KJ listened, she felt bad for her mom, who went through so much with her dad.

what a sad life.

____________________

"I wanna go witchu" KJ loudly huffed while Amir put on his work overalls.

Amir looked back at her, as her mouth formed a small pout, and sighed "Go get ready ma"

She smiled and quickly hopped up to take a shower.