Chapter 3

I have had no luck getting in contact with Pamela since then. I hope that I will manage to get a chance to talk to her after the service today. Maybe when the choir goes backstage, I will sneak in there and drag her into one of the offices so we can talk. The sermon usually takes an hour, which gives us plenty of time to work things out before she has to go back out there for the closing song.

Today must be my lucky day because I manage to pull her away from the rest of the team and drag her to the youth pastor's office. I bolt the door behind us because I plan to talk to her about giving us a chance to finish what we started on Wednesday. The youth pastor's office looks very Christian-like. There are several theological books on shelves. There is a big cross mounted on the wall. There is a mounted cabinet with anointed oil, holy water, incense, and many other things I do not know. This is probably not the best place for this conversation, but I see no other way to get this conversation over with.

"Pamela, we need to talk about what happened on Wednesday. You have been avoiding me like the plague-" I start to reason out, but she cuts me off.

"We shouldn't have done that. You are really attractive and a super great kisser, but we shouldn't be doing such things."

"What things are those exactly?" I ask as I move towards her. She takes a step back with each step I take until she unknowingly traps herself between me and the desk. She swallows hard before saying, "Briar, we are Christians. I am in the choir, for God's sake! I can't be distracted by vaginas and breasts when I am trying to practice." She says, running her hand through her hair.

I almost want to smirk at the thought. "Is that why you were avoiding me? Because you are having distracting thoughts of my breasts and vagina that you haven't even seen or touched."

"I don't have to see them or touch them to fantasize about them!" I can tell she is frustrated, but I don't know if that is from the sexual tension between us or her being ambivalent about engaging with me.

"Well then, you must have some pity on me because I touched and tasted you, and I cannot get you out of my mind. I want you. I need you."

"Briar-"

"Just one time, and I will do my best to leave you alone. If you don't want me after this, I will keep my distance. If you want me, and you want to pursue something more serious, I am very much open to that. All I know is that I want you. I understand that you have so much on your plate, and I want to respect that, but I would like for us to at least have one shot before we shut all options down."

"Okay...Fine. How about now?"

"Huh? Come again?"

"I want you here and now."

"Right here in this room? Look around! This is not the place for...."

"Hmm... are you really trying to grow a conscious now? You spent the entire praise and worship hour undressing me with your eyes."

"You can't blame me for that. Have you looked in a mirror?"

"I had to close my eyes so that I wasn't distracted by the intensity of your gaze. So, let us do this one time and then go out there and absolve our sins." She says as she jumps on me and kisses me hard. I moan into her mouth, sighing in relief that she is onboard.

Time to make this choir girl scream a different song of praise.

***