・°°・dinner date・°°・

authors note: this story is in first person, tell me if you prefer it!!
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —— — —
"You wanna go out tonight? A treat for your grades?" c/n said.

C/n had been tutoring me for the last 2 months before my big exam. It took him energy to get me to a A- so my mum wouldn't ground me for life. He didn't know it, but I always found him cute, I always held back the urge to tell him since I knew it could only lead to instant rejection. As his shiny e/c eyes looked up at me I couldn't resist accepting his offer.

"Sure, we can go out. Where to?" I replied, faking my confidence.
"It's a surprise" c/n said whilst winking. He held my hand and pulled me out of my house to his car as I followed behind him in my oversized sweater and pleated skirt. My worn out converse skid over the gravel on the pathway to his car. The sun was starting to set and the sky was a beautiful pinky-orange. Sneakily pulling out my phone, I took a photo of c/n holding my hand against the pretty ombré sky.

I sat in the passenger seat of c/n's car as f/m played softly through the speakers. C/n bopped his head and murmured along to the lyrics of the song.
"You listen to f/m??" I asked surprised.
"Yeah, I loved their latest song," he said smiling "I guess we have more in common than I thought."
We drove along in silence, quietly vibing to the music until we pulled up to a brightly lit arcade.

C/n held my hand again as we got out of the car and made our way to the arcade. As soon as we got in, his eyes lit up. For the next hour we battled each other in as many arcade games as we could, competing to see who could get the most tickets.

"Hey y/n," C/n called, "How many tickets have you got?"
I flicked through my tickets whilst counting.
"76. You?" I replied
"HAHA I GOT 78, I TOLD YOU PLAYING MS PAC-MAN WAS WORTH IT" He said laughing. "Now, for my winners prize I want you to give me anything I want"
"Ugh, what do you want mr ego." I replied

"I want... A kiss" he whispered as he smirked.
My face immediately got hot as he came closer to me, his hand caressing my cheek, his  breath on my lips until...

he pulled my string of tickets out of my hand and ran to the arcade store.

Feeling rejected, tears filled my eyes as I sat in his car, waiting for him to come out of the arcade. As his tall silhouette got closer to the car I quickly wiped my tears with my sleeve and put on a happy face.
"You hungry Y/n?" c/n said as he started to drive.
I nodded silently as he pulled up to a Burger King.

Grabbing one of the oversized paper crown hats for each of us he held my hand once again and pulled us to a table. The waiter took our orders and c/n put his hat on his head of bouncy, soft hair. He sat next to me as his hat slid down his face and covered his eyes. Giggling, I pulled my hat over my eyes the same way. C/n pulled out his phone and took a photo of us with our Burger King kids crowns and posted it on his story with the caption 'all hail burger king and burger queen'.

As we dug into our fries and burgers c/n looked at me.
"y/n, can I tell you something?" he said, suddenly serious, "i want every day to be like this, with you. i like you y/n, i want you to be my girlfriend."
Shocked, tears rolled down my face as I looked at the beautiful boy in the cardboard crown who had just asked me to be his girlfriend in the middle of Burger King.
"Oh fuck. I shouldn't have said that right? Please don't cry we can forget all about this" he said distraught.
"No no no... I like you too c/n. Of course I'll be your girlfriend." I said grinning from ear to ear.

He pulled me closer to him and kissed me softly as I could feel his lips curl into a smile. Struggling to pull away, we were interrupted by the waiter who was watching us. I felt my face get hot as we stopped our make out session and I buried my face into his chest as he laughed.

"Babe, close your eyes." he said with a mischievous grin.
Smiling, he took out a little brown teddy from behind his back that I had been desperately trying to get tickets for at the arcade. He put it in my hand as I hugged his arm and kissed him quickly once again. I can't believe that this wonderful guy is my boyfriend.

— —  — —  — —  — — — —  — — — —  — — — —  — —
hi readers !! did you guys prefer the longer stories or the shorter ones? also is the first person writing better or worse?
ty for reading <33
-astra