・°°・ rail romantics ・°°・

At 5am, I 'd wondered if it had been worth the trip to my best friends house, bsf/n, when I made my way to the station. The cold wind nipped at my shoulders and I wrapped my arms around my shoulders. Whose stupid idea was it to wear a flimsy cardigan and skirt in the middle of winter? I reminded myself to keep the weather in mind when I dress aesthetically next time. My Converse slid along the pavement and I got to the stairs of the underground, trying my best not to hold on to the grimy handrail. The only people around were businessmen with their briefcases hanging by their sides and I was clutching my purse to my chest. I checked the train schedules. The next one is in 15 minutes... shit. I was supposed to be back from this sleepover by 7 anyway, but I had planned on killing time doing some late night convenience store shopping. I slapped my headphones on and listened to a random playlist of mine. My head had just began to tilt onto my shoulder when a gruff voice broke my bubble of relaxation.

"Hey, little lady. Need a big, strong man to take you home ?". I could smell the alcohol that reeked on this man's breath as his crazed eyes looked deeply into my eyes until dropping to observe my body. Instinctively, my arm flew over my chest whilst the other tugged down my skirt.

"Get the fuck away from me, pervert." I yelled, stepping back from him. "Leave me alone!"

"What? You have a boyfriend or something? I could treat you a lot better, baby." He whispered with a disgusting wink.

"Hey! I thought I lost you!" a stranger's voice said as he placed his hand on my shoulder with a reassuring squeeze. Turning to the creepy man he lowered his voice, saying, "Do you need something?" laced with an icy venom. The creep immediately took off intimidated by the man next to me. I turned to thank the man that had got me out of this. I looked at him. His pretty e/c eyes creased softly in the corners and his lips turned up at the corners ever so slightly. He had  h/c hair that fell in front of his eyes creating curls on his forehead. He wore a black hoodie over his thin frame and dark blue baggy jeans. He was  b e a u t i f u l.

"Hi, I'm y/n. Thank you so so much." I beamed at him and he smiled back. Gosh, his smile was so cute  I couldn't take it.

"My pleasure, y/n. I was scared you'd be upset. Sorry for touching you." he grinned. "My name's c/n, I wish I could talk but my train is," he looked at his phone, "about 30 seconds away from coming." and with that the prettiest man I'd ever seen left me.

I got up before I'd even heard the chugging of the train. I sulked onto the carriage, deliberating why I couldn't just have asked the guy for his number. My head pressed against the window and I watched the platform speed away and be replaced by an abyss of black.

"Y/N?" I heard. I looked up. It was him! My rail romance had began once again as he slid in the seat opposite me. "I'm kinda glad you're here..." he chuckled  "I actually wanted to talk to you. Before the whole creep situation even. I was worried you'd not be into me." He looked softly into my eyes that were so kind but held a sadness behind them. He leant forwards and rested his hands on the rim of the skateboard in front of him that I hadn't noticed. Veins ran along his hands, and they flexed as he nervously tapped his fingers. I tentatively placed my hand on his and stroked it softly.

"I think you're... this is the most 'into' a person I have ever been." I cupped his face in my hands. Our foreheads touched. Our lips collided with a burst of heat and fireworks.

————————————————————————
authors note: sorry i've been gone for so long!! i'll take requests as my apology lmao
- astra