・°°・short n sweet: dreamy doctor ・°°・

"i hate how i was thinking about u all day today >:(( ... can i come over?"

The message from c/n flashed, illuminating the phone screen my eyes had been glued to for the last hour. I picked up another tissue and blew my nose before burying myself deeper into the blanket lasagne I had created.

"i'm sick you idiot " I typed back, "but i miss you too :P"

C/n and I have been best friends since what feels like forever. Well, if you count since we were 7 as forever. A random party our parents had both dragged us to brought us together and started our friendship. But the whole 'super close awesome friendship' is kinda ruined by the fact that across the years I've developed a massive crush on him and his cute, stupid face. From the caring nature he tried to hide, to the soft spot he held only for me, I was head over heels for him.

A ring from the doorbell broke me from my train of thought. Realising nobody else was home, I padded down the corridor with a wet cloth on my forehead and a blanket over my shoulders like a less glamorous Batman. I looked into the peephole to see c/n leaning against the doorframe with a bunch of bags. I ripped off the blanket and threw the wet cloth off my face, patting my hair into place and hastily putting on lip balm. I swung open the door.

"What on Earth are you doing here?" I asked, dragging him in by his hoodie sleeve.

"You said you missed me, and like a genie - I appeared! Thought you'd be happy..." he said with a playful pout forming on his face. "Plus the pj's are adorable, how could I miss that?" I folded my arms over my chest  whilst watching him beam at me.  C/n lifted up the bags onto the kitchen counter and took out tins of soup and boxes of teabags and tissues like an unboxing haul. Abruptly, he wrapped his hands around my waist and lifted me up with the ease he used for the bags, slotting me next to the tower of soups. With my mouth still open in awe he asked, "So... tomato soup or mushroom? What?"

My hands brushed his neck as I pulled him into me; hugging him tightly. "You're such a sweetheart, c/n. You did all this cuz I have a stupid cold?"

He cradled my cold hands gently in his warm ones, his eyes softening as he looked at me.

"Of course, y/n. Whenever I have a crush I take the best care of them."

"Whenever you have a WHAT?" I yelped as his face became more flustered.

"I- I meant, um. I meant I like you, Y/n." His thumbs rubbed over my knuckles nervously.

I cupped his face, tilting his head down to look at me.

"I like you too." I whispered.

In a second, I was scooped into his arms as he spun me around the kitchen in my pyjamas. He kissed me breathlessly, his lips melting into a smile against mine. Finally, he pulled me closer with his heartbeat against my cheek in our embrace.

————————————————————————
how did you find this story?? i hope you liked it :)
- astra