SCORPIO ♏

SYNOPSIS

When Jen finds out she's pregnant after a one night stand, she and her best friend is thrown into some chaotic moments but even more crazier, is who the father of the baby is.

"Hopefully Mr. Evans, this project will be a huge success compared to the last one"

"Be rest assured Mr. James"

A quick handshake and a slight nod was all it finally took to get the damn Mr. James off his air space.

Evans was choking, he never did like him. Probably the cold feet he always had towards business projects or never ending questions he got from him or the fact he added S to his first name each time it left his mouth.

Stretching his neck in an attempt to loosen the tie around it, his eyes caught his secretary who was going from one foot to another. Maybe dancing?...

Evan frowned

"Margaret?"

and that was she rushing over. It took her a whole lot to finally get his attention. Before now, she would have entered undoubtedly, she was his personal secretary afterall but Evan had stopped her from rushing over from nowhere every now and then. She always had on her lips surprise news and he never was a good fan of surprise news either.

"And?"

he had the brows quirked up in other words meant 'make it fast'

Margaret stretched out a leg a little before her and the other to the back, she was nervous and to top it off, Sir wasn't smiling, not even a plain look, he was dead frowning.

"Some ladies are at my office sir, they said they are here to see you"

She stopped and stared at Evan who had rather tragic eyes up on her, as if realizing herself "And no Sir, they are not on any appointments"

Evan was laying curses under his breath

"Margaret?"

"Yes sir"

came her small voice, it didn't take much to know when you were deep into trouble with Evan Mokeme.

"I think I might be giving you a free leave to go get some fresh air outside office walls and when you're back, we will be talking about your stay in this office. If it's still necessary or not"

"Sir I'm really sorr...."

"I don't want to hear it Margaret, not a single more word"

He tipped the paperwork off the table and carried them with him as he made to leave the board room but was stopped on tracks as two ladies barged in. Evan glared at them for the longest time more because they looked so out of place standing there and just gawking. The taller slimmer one on a dyed low cut, piercings here and there, chewing gum irritatingly loud looked more bold, he suspected she was going to be quick in giving a straightforward answer to why they were there, if not that, they might as well talk it to his security. He looked over his shoulders to Margaret who stood at a far distance behind, looking like she was going to cry any moment from then. Truly, she wanted to be elsewhere other than there at that moment. Evan knew his patience was on a thin line now.

He stared dead on whom he wanted an answer from and asked

"And?"

He watched them exchange stares with each other and was just about to take a step towards the door when she finally spoke.

"I'm Maria okay?" and breathed in "That's not important, this is my best friend, Jen, you probably know her right?"

She dropped a hand on her Jen's shoulder and the other placed somewhere on her hand. Evan Shifted his gaze to the other lady. She was slender, the thick type of slender. she had a flare dress on so he couldn't really say about womanly curves. She had a pretty baby doll face, small lips, big white eyes as she was just staring at him looking so lost, small ears, hairy brows, fake lashes, no piercings, wig on. Evan almost shrugged, to cut the long story short, he had no idea who she was and hadn't met her before.

"I will ask you again lady...and?"

Maria was frowning this time.

"You mean you don't know her?"

A tilted look to the side, Evan just glared. He was on a countdown now.

Fuelled with the patience to try again, Maria spoke once more

"I know it's been a while now, close to three months but you should at least remember. Sarajevo night club and Lounge, a Sunday night?...with a lady?... that's her?"
Maria paused at each question looking up at him hopefully to get one hint or the other but Evan wasn't even moving.

An annoyed gasp did it.

"Hey you motherfucker!, you impregnate my best friend and you out here acting like you remember nothing. Jen here is 10 weeks pregnant and you're the fucking father"

Evan was sure he was finally going to burst out of rage. One, he had no words, two, he really was tired of women and their ways at that point, three, he didn't even know what to do with their asses, the nerve was on another level.

Catching up with his thoughts for a while there, he took a step closer to them, the baby doll face had taken a step back but the slim version was right there Infront of him.

"So incase you've forgotten Ladies. Let me remind you who you're speaking with"

he stared from her to her, their eyes all on him "My name is Evan Mokeme. Owner of Mokeme Shipping Companies and Sarajevo hotels and lounge. Business Leadership awardee for four consecutive years and owner of Mokeme university and college. Now you come from wherever you came from and talk trash to my face on what basis?....Go to court or the media blogs if you wish, it's a regular occurrence I have with women who just want an unmerited share in the Mokeme name and on that note, I'm asking nicely to your unnicely selves, to leave here and right now"

It was an intense silence for a while, Maria although wasn't done talking but when she was about to open her mouth next, Jen had her hand over her mouth and dragged her backwards to her side.

Jen stared at Evan for the longest while she has since she came in. It was a bold daring glare except her eyes were beginning to water and her heart pounded really hard, she was afraid it couldn't stand the pain. She could swear on her dead mother's grave, he was the father and here he was calling her a gold digger. She couldn't give a fuck about his money. The only reason she was there was to give her child a chance to good life, she couldn't do that if she was trying to survive on her own but she wasn't going to beg either so she walked out on him at that moment, a furious Maria behind her determined to give her child the very best she could and fuck Evan Mokeme and every damn thing the name came with.

END FOR NOW