SARAH

SYNOPSIS

Sarah, a journalist and a single mother who trusts no one especially with her twin boys. What happens when a guy nanny comes knocking on her door and his looks, so similar to her sons?.

"You sure you don't need help?"

That was the little voice of Kate her neighbor who sells okpa every morning and had come to deliver hers.

"Sure Kate. I think you can get going now"

The petite aged woman took a long reluctant look on Sarah as she struggled with putting their socks on and feeding them at the same time, she was also aware that Sarah was running late but the young fine lady has refused help, that was her thought as she walked out Sarah's door.

Sarah was up on her feet the moment she sighted the school bus. Gently taking her kids hands, she slowly walked outside the 247 supermarket that served as her waiting spot for the school bus.

The bus stopped at a gradual speed infront of them. The 62 year old driver had his broken white-brown crowns wide as Sarah came into view.

"Good morning mummy Ben!"

"Good morning Oga Daddy" as everyone called him,

"you jus dey shine dis morning"

she said, helping her sons climb into the vehicle.

Oga Daddy had burst into a hearty laughter. "I no shine pass you oo mummy Ben" spreading a hand towards Sarah's way, "but sha...God is faithful" he added.

Sarah nodded, leaving the way for other kids to enter.

"drive careful Oga Daddy"

she said as he honked his horn to leave

"no worry yourself mummy Ben" Bading her sons goodbye with kisses on their forehead, she was the last to shut the door. She waited until the bus was no longer in her view and quickly hailed down a keke drop(tricycle transport). Getting herself mentally ready for the earful she was about to get yet again.

But then that day wasn't the last either. Every weekday morning was the same, being late at work and constantly getting the disappointing stares from colleagues and earfuls from her bosses, sometimes they were the silent ones and manytimes, they were shouting.

"she isn't the only one with kids you know" she always heard in between conversations.

Standing in front of the CEO in his office, her head hung low and a disappointed look up on her. That was all to tell that the morning had gone usual in her work life once again.

"Ijeoma Sarah Maduabu"

"Yes sir" she said, sliding her back down in a gesticulation gesture.

"You're quite aware that at the moment, sacking you from this company is the only reasonable option?"

Sarah nodded

"and what do you have to say about that?"

"I am very sorry sir for bringing such headaches to the company. I promise to mend my ways. Just that my kids..."

"You might as well spare me that talk about your kids!. You're a senior journalist here Sarah, the election is here, we have to cover every moment, that is our work, that is your work but instead, you show up in my company all sweaty and so late"

"I'm so sorry sir"

"I'm giving you a last chance to prove yourself, hire a Nanny to take care of your kids and bring back the diligent talented reporter I once knew"

"I assure you sir"

Sarah walked out of the CEO'S office lost in her own thoughts. Going through so much hassle in the mornings and making sure to be early to pick them from school, making them food at nights and taking care of her tired self and still up going through the company's projects were taking a toll on her as well. Losing her job would be a dead end, throwing everything she has ever worked for before the kids.

*******

Sunk into her cushion, Sarah picked up her phone
Nanny agents close to New Lane street
she took in a deep breath and booked for one.

Sarah had managed for the week, allowing Kate to help her finish up with the kids and leaving them to the 247 supermarket owner to wait for the bus. By the end of the week, she was sure..her chances of getting sacked had clearly reduced by 5%.

"I booked a nanny"

"Oh my!"

thay was her friend, Helen screaming through the phone on a Sunday morning.

"Don't be dramatic, fool"

"Hehehe" Helen laughed after "For a moment, I really was thinking if your job wasn't so important anymore"

Sarah only sighed

"so when is she coming?"

"I'm not so..." the doorbell interrupted "coming. Someone's at the door"

she did a walk-run to the door.

Sarah was sure she couldn't remember the last time she went dumbstruck. That moment was one for her.

"And you are?" she managed to quirk out. The guy had a dimpled smile at her and some resemblance flashed through her eyes so much she felt wobbling legs.

"The nanny"

he replied.

Vote my babiess💡