GEMINI ♊

SYNOPSIS

Marie is catching feelings for her best friends man and a lot of drama is about to go down.

3 years and 7 months they've been together. Alex was no doubt the perfect guy. A gym instructor and a bank manager with the perfect smile and body. what more could Lucy ask for. Scratch that, what more could she ask for?

So she watched....

The birthday parties he had for her every year, the gifts every weekend. The long sleepovers, the videos together, the eat-outs, their stories she always had on her lips for her and she had fallen on the first sight of him.

Marie had contained all, it never did bother her much in the beginning and she had tried so much to hold it in as the months rolled in but then, that night had happened and another and another until she was left in the crossroads questioning a lot of things.

It was a Monday evening when Lucy's call came in. She wanted to have dinner with her at her place. Once they lived together but eventually when Alex came into their lives, she had found a reason and packed out. It had been a refreshing decision to Marie at that moment only that it drove her into Alex bed in no time.

"Alright Luu, what should I get for you?"

It was a long minute before Lucy spoke up again "Nothing"

It was an odd answer, Marie knew. Lucy always had what to get for her there on her lips, she never had to think, she never said nothing.

"Oh..Kkay... I will be there shortly"

A shrug had the thoughts off Marie's mind in a sec.

Marie felt her mind stop as she stepped into Lucy's home and Alex cologne hit her.

He's here

She drew in a breath and spread out a smile.

"Luuuu"

Taking the lead to the dining in quiet short strides, there they were, whispering to each other and laughing.

"Hi you both"

with her tooth smile plastered on her face, she bent and kissed Lucy from the side and Alex, a mere wave of her hands. She wasn't going to dare her feelings now, was she?.

"Hope you're good?"

Marie nodded with a flushed look she couldn't just help.

'You called me few hours ago and asked me exactly that',

she would have said.

She made herself comfortable on the seat beside Lucy and opened her plate. Smiling ear to ear, Marie turned

"This is so sweet of you Luuu"

An air kiss between them did the thank you's. It was the delicious spag, Lucy always was good at.

Mid way through the food, Lucy made a throat sound, They looked up at her

"Alex proposed"

she waved her hand infront of her.

"I can't believe you didn't see it. You always notice everything"

Marie had her eyes fixed on the ring, her heart sunk and thoughts running through her mind. She felt the pressure to cross over this time, make a decision. Spill out the truth, walk away, live her life alone, forget him, forget them, she was going insane.

"What's the matter, you're not happy?..for me?"

Marie forced a smile nevertheless didn't meet her eyes but Lucy had continued even before she could say something.

"Alex have been such a sweet nice man"

she stopped, a smile far from her face and eyes dead on Alex.

"except that he has been fucking my best friend aanddd!...."

she turned to Marie, a fierce angry look "my supposed best friend allowed it and no conscience Marie to open your damn mouth and spill the fucking truth!"

It was a silent intense moment and she knew she was about to cry. Maybe Alex was a shitty man right from day one and her only crime was believing he was good but her best friend? for 14 years?... ain't no way that was forgiveable.

Alex was frowning

"And where is all these coming from?. I just engaged you and you're spooking all lies against me right now"

"Lies?!"

She snapped her head towards Marie who was only but silent watching and her eyes on them both.

"Am I lying too?"

Marie stared, her heart pounded and she was refusing to think so she said the first things out of her mouth

"Yes Lucy, we've been sleeping together. You told no lies"

and was up on her feet next, Lucy had her eyes to the table, holding firmly her trembling hands.

"what are you saying?"

Alex had to be kidding her right now

"Enough of the whole charade okay?. You're fucking two best friends, saying you love the both of them. What do you expect? and then you go ahead to propose to one of them. We aren't idiots"
Marie stopped and held on her breath, tears finding their way down so fast

"I'm sorry Luuu. I don't know if you can find a reason to forgive me but I'm sorry"

Tears had choked her up, she wanted to say more, kneel and plead for Lucy's forgiveness, reign curses on the day Alex came into their lives. Make things right again but Marie knew, some broken things never could be fixed so she had walked out on them that night and never returned to their lives. Life was fucked up anyway and Love really was stupid in the most annoying ways.

Vote plsssss