Chapter 5

Amelia pov (continued)
I woke up to an empty bed but didn’t think much of it; I checked my phone, something I used rarely… I was more of a social being preferred to have an actual conversation with the person face to face. Like texting is messed up, people could be having a mental break down and send you laughing emojies and you’d think they fine and laughing. So again, it’s messed up. I saw that I had a message from crystal and a snap from jade and honestly I'm not surprised but zero messages from my mom.

Crystal:
Mom decided she wanted to go out and party and get drunk 🙄 I didn’t want to wake you. There’s 20 dollars on the table for pizza, we’d probably be home by one if lucky.😪

I didn’t reply, this was their usual weekend back home too, and honestly not my scene so I would’ve opted to stay home anyways.
Then I checked jades snap It was a picture of her with a football, she was at football practice.I snapped back a cute picture of me in bed and then got up at cleaned the room, out of habit and possible trauma.
I was about to call the pizza place and then I realised I'm in a complete different country and don’t have any numbers for pizza places around here so I hoped lizzie was home so she could point me in the direction of the closes pizza place. I put on my shoes and a warm jacket, preparing myself for a walk, a very long one.I walked passed her room, the door was open and she wasn’t there. So my last hope would be downstairs. Because it was open plan you could see everything from downstairs and she wasn’t in the kitchen area so the last place would be her office the one with the library attached the one closes to the front door.I knocked and headed inside she was typing away on her laptop. When she looked up and smiled“Hey kiddo” she called me kiddo, cute. “You do know I'm a full on teenager right” I was now walking further into the room until I reached the opposite end of her desk.“Yea I know the sass gives it away” she giggled before speaking again “what’s up?”“Well, I was about to call a pizza place to order pizza, but unless I want to wait 14 hours for it to be delivered from another country. I don’t think it would be the advisable route” she giggled again. I should probably start keeping tabs on how many times she does that“Anyways, I was hoping you could point me in the direction of the nearest pizza place?” She raised her eyebrow, she had a slight head tilt and she looked quite stern, to say I was scared as shit was an understatement. Does she have a thing against pizza? Is she like the vegan teacher? Omg is she going to hit me?She pulled me out of my thoughts“And you plan on walking to this pizza shop?”I couldn’t bring myself to speak so instead I nodded and took to steps back.She now closed her laptop and stood up, I was on the verge of crying and shitting my pants, I stepped further back and I think she picked up on how scared I was so she softened up a bit but she still had a serious face.“You will not, I repeat, YOU WILL NOT be walking to any pizza shop and alone I might add.” she was now in front of her desk where I was standing previously and leaning against it, her face softened completely and it was more apologetic as she saw I was still up tight.And then she pulled me into a hug“Baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I just think it’s safe for you to be out on your own okay”. Again I couldn’t say much so I nodded I cooled down a bit knowing that she wasn’t going to hurt me. I pulled away and the she clapped her hands together before she spoke again.“So! I’ll give you two options, one… if you really craving pizza we can drive out and get you one. We can even take a walk if you want. Just not alone she warned” she was now pointing a figure at me to get the point across that it wasn’t allowed. She didn’t give me option two and she looked quite nervous so I asked dragging out and “annnnnnd, what’s option two?”She looked at me, still nervous but she had a shy smile.
“Option two is… well… I cook for you”
I could see that she was trying to read my facial expression. Now I don’t mind people cooking for me, but I have a simple yet crazy diet. And I was about to explain that but she grabbed her car keys from the table
“Omg, I'm sorry. Let me just grab my jacket and then we can go”
I stopped her and explained...
“Hey Eliz-, Lizzie, it is okay. You can cook for me, but you need to know. I'm don’t eat meat, not necessarily for harming animal purposes more of an ‘I don’t like it’ and I don’t think I ever will. I eat all vegetables except cauliflower and broccoli, unless it’s grilled in an oven with white sauce and cheese, melted cheese. I’m also not a fan of normal cheese it has to be melted the acceptation can be made for the cheese that goes in the salad bowl, feta cheese I think it’s called. Also I can’t have too much tomato because I apparently have
an acid problem so I stay clear from it as much as I can. I do however love tomato food but it has to be made with tomato paste as a substitute.”I basically rambled on which again made her giggle when I looked back at her she was standing with a notepad and a pen.
“No tomato and tomato paste in tomato food, got it!” she looked up and me and smiled as if she just accomplished something.
“Did just write down everything I said?”
“Well, not everything… just key notes. I’ll be keeping it for future references.”
I was shook. She actually listened to what I was saying and took interest, like she cared.
I didn’t realise I was zoned out until Lizzie opened her office door and asked if I was coming.We were now in the kitchen and I was sat at the island table on a high top bar stool as instructed.“Okay, based on the very little ingredients we got here. I can make that fancy vegan pasta of Gigi Hadid or I can make some butternut stew”  “Butternut stew sounds lovely, thank you” Lizzie got to work and I headed to the living room to find the Wi-Fi
password of the house because my mom deactivated mine. Once found it I turned off my mobile data as Ididn’t want to waste it and use it for emergencies when I'm out on the road or something.

Lizzie pov
I was shook when Leah told me that she wanted to walk the streets ALONE! I didn’t even realise that my facial expressions changed and that I was scaring the poor kid. Then my stupid self, went and suggested to cook for her and then I couldn’t read her face. And then I panicked which made her panic and then I made her feel bad so in the end I felt like I guilt tripped her to say yes to my cooking or like maybe she didn’t have a choice.So I headed to the living room just to make sure.“Hey, are you sure you don’t want pizza?”She looked up at me and her beautiful green eyes were trying to read me and I'm not sure why. She got off the couch and replied with…“Yea, sure.” I nodded and quickly grabbed my jacket and keys and we headed out. The car ride was awkward like if it wasn’t for the radio playing the tension would’ve been bad. I was thinking of ways to break the ice but I was uncertain, so every time I opened my mouth to speak I’d decide against it.She was sitting in the back seat and I kept looking at her throw the mirror. It was now dark and I couldn’t really see, but the light from her phone screen reflected on her face and showed me a sight I’d want to wash out of my brain. The kiddo was sad because of me. I'm a terrible person. If I didn’t act that way in the office and let her go we would’ve been fine she wouldn’t be hurt and we’ll still be fine.
We pulled into the drive thru of the pizza place“Hey, do you want a vegetable pizza or just a cheesy pizza, actually no, it’s okay I’ll just get both” smart Elizabeth nice way to play it cool. I mentally slapped myself for that and ordered and paid. “You didn’t have to do that.” I was confused. I done a lot in literally the past 30 minutes I had to be sure we were talking about the same thing “Do what honey?”“Pay for the food, I could’ve done it” this kid is crazy, I'm the adult here I should be making sure she eats and that includes paying for the food.“Oh hell no, you will not be paying for food while living under the same room as me”She simply nodded before pulling her attention back to her phone.When we got home I put the pizza in the kitchen and told her she may help herself and that I was going to take a shower and head to bed.

Amelia pov
I was chilling on the couch, excited about butternut stew. The last time I had it was when Jades grandmother was still alive. Lizzie walked into the room and asked if I was sure if I didn’t want pizza. I was taken back I thought she was going to cook. Didn’t she want to? Was it because I was a picky eater or did she not just like me and she changed her mind. I said yea sure and she rushed to get her jacket and keys. Was she happy that I said yes? Probably. I got in the back seat of the car I was to hurt to even look or talk to her right now. I didn’t think I’ll be using my emergency mobile data so soon but here I am. I was literally scrolling between instagram and pinterest and jumping between the two. This was one of the longest car drives and the most I've ever used my found. I wanted to say something to break the silence but thought of nothing . I soon accepted that I was simply just too much for her, not necessarily a burden because I was nothing to her but I wasn’t far off.When she asked what pizza she didn’t give me a chance to speak, like she wanted to get this trip over and done with like she wanted me out of her hair. So I kept conversation sort. When we got home she said she was going to take a shower and head to bed, so that basically confirmed it she wants nothing to do with me, so I’ll stay out of her way as much as possible. This entire situation made me lose my appetite but I had to eat something since Ihaven’t had something to eat all day. My sugar woulddrop and I’d probably have a stroke, or faint, or end up in a coma. Yea I forgot to mention my medical condition. I'm diabetic and had low blood sugar. Igrabbed one slice of cheese pizza because that’s all Icould stomach when I finished I heard Lizzie leave the bathroom and enter her room and close the door behind her. I cleaned after myself and put the pizza in the fridge, after everything was spotless and on its place I headed to my room, I grabbed clean pjs and headed to the bathroom to shower.When I was done I headed to my room, pulled out my laptop and watched sing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------word count 2073
A/N
Hey sparklers!
Firstly thank you to those that voted for this story, well chapter one BUT STILL. I actually have no idea what that means or the function there of so if someone could enlighten me that would be great.Secondly I’m sorry for the spelling errors, I'm exhausted.Thirdly… I wanted to give you guys both pov sides. What do you guys think about their insecurities? Is now a good time to mention that the marvel filming only happens later and there’s not really much avenger crossovers in book one it mainly happens in book two.
I'm sorry.
Also since we here talking about pizza. Eat something even if it’s like Amelia eating something small.
Thank you for reading!

Sparkle out!