Ch 12

Ch 12.
Marco's pov
After Adenzia and I got caught kissing by Ryder playing the protective dad role she went inside and I left blushing like fuking crazy.
I NEVER.BLUSHED.IN.MY.FUCKING.LIFE.
By the time I got home I found Cole sitting in my living room on my couch drinking a Strawberry margarita.
" Spill.the.tea.sis" He says.
Da fuq?
After I filled him in on the details with my date and now he's squealing like a girl in the early 2000s at a Justin Bieber concert.
" Oh my gawd, I'm so happy. Maybe you can lose your virginity now" Cole says while clapping.
But i'm not a virgin
" Oh my god. And you should find a girlfriend and stop being a hoe"
" BItch. I haven't gotten laid in 3 weeks." He said as if he was offended.
" And? Is that an accomplishment for you or something?"
" Yeah now stop being an asshole toward me"
" I'm not though"
Cole glares at me.
Okay maybe i am
" So what else happened with the date"
" Okay so don't get mad" I say.
I shouldn't have done that. I know he's gonna get mad.
His fist clenched " About what?" He asked calmly.
Oh.no.
R.I.P. me.
" I-uh-i mean-shit-" I stutter.
" Marco? What the hell did you do? You only stutter when you're nervous" Cole says.
Okay I know he's gonna flip out.
" About dad"
Cole calms down " Oh. shit why did you think i care about him?'
" So you're not gonna hit me?"
" No. but if you hurt her i'll commit arson on your ass"
Yeah, so will Ryder and Esma.
" Okay i gotta go But you should really call Selena. She's been blowing up my phone like crazy, ''Cole says.
"Okay i will" i say.
" Now imma go back to my house"
He leaves my apartment.
I dial Selena's Number.
She answers " What?"
" i can sense your mad at me with the sound of your tone"
" No fucking shit asshole"
" why-"
" Because you haven texted,called,or even tried to contact me. I was worried something happened to you. What if you died or lost all your memory's? HUH YOU KNOW THAT I GET WORRIED"
I sigh and sit on my couch. " Listen, I don't want you to worry, that's why I haven't messaged you."
" Well you should know that i get even more worried when you dont message me or contact me while you're on big missions like this one" her voice is louder.
" Okay i'm sorry i'll message you everyday. How about that?"
" Multiple times a day.not once. And i want at least 3 paragraphs of what you did today not clif notes.understand?"
" okay. Done i promise."
" I miss you" She says her voice cracks.
" I miss you too. And so does Cole."
" How is he by the way?"
" He's okay. He found out the detective or cop whatever you want to call it is his ex. Kathrine from high school"
" Noway"
" Yeah. and That was his first love."
" he always bragged about her"
" Yeah"
We both laugh at the memories from high school.
" How long are you gonna be away?" I ask.
" Not long. The cops are backing down and we'll be home by the Gala"
" That's good. Now how's everything there though"
" Horrible. I wish you were here so we could make fun of Alyssa"
" How is the wicked witch of the west?" I ask, referring to Alyssa
" Bitchy as always."
" Hahaha that sounds like her."
" Guess what?" i say.
I'm gonna tell her about the date i had but i'm not gonna tell her who it was.
" What?"
" I went out on a date"
" WAIT? WHAT?"
" yeah and now you're sounding like cole"
" Oh shut up"
I laugh.
I ended up telling her everything except who it was.
It felt good talking to my best friend again.
Even though when she finds out everything I'm sure she's gonna cut me off.
Adenzia's Pov
" Why are you all staring at me?" I ask.
I took off all of the makeup Esma put on me and changed into some shorts and a hoodie.
But I left the braids in my hair.
" Spill-," Esma says. " The tea sis" Ryder finishes her.
" Oh god. Really guys?"
" Yes" They both say at the same time.
I gave in after Esma took away my phone.
And I filled her in on the details of the date.
Esma is blushing.
And ryder is saying "AWWW"
" -who knew Marco was a cringy mother-"
" Shut up" I look at him.
He gulps.
Esma giggles.
" What do you guys think of him though? Be honest."
" I like him. He's a good guy and he's quiet and I have a feeling that he's loyal" Ryder says, brushing his hair.
" I agree with ryder."
" How do you feel about him?"
" I feel like he would never hurt me and I feel safe and happy whenever he's around and I just get all blushy when he's around-wait hold up. Esma im acting like a cringy bitch. Can you slap me?"
Esma slaps me in the face hard. I can taste a little blood.
God damn girl you slap hard. Material Girl
" Now what? Are you done being cringe or something?" Esma asks.
" I dunno. But you should really become a street fighter like us" i say taking a drink of water and swishing it around my mouth and spitting it out.
Yep i'm leeding in my fucking mouth.
" Yeah no" Ryder says.
" What? Why?" Esma asks.
" Because number one I don't want you to get hurt. Number two You have trauma with y'know and I don't want you to have flashbacks in a fight. And number 3, yeah I know you can fight but what if you get hurt." Ryder says.
" Ryder i know you care and all but shut the fuck up i can handle myself. Like what am I supposed to do? Huh? Stay here all the fuking time and do nothing? Yeah I'm sick of that" Esma argues.
Even though i already have a job but im so close to quitting because my boss is a fucking pervert. Esma thought
" When did this become an argument?" I mutter.
Great i caused a fucking argument...again
But then again this conversation is overdue.
" Im goning to get a fucking job and i'm gonna fucking work" Esma says.
" But-" Ryder starts but Esma interrupts him with a look that silenced him.
This Esma is fucking scary.
" Look I know you don't want me to worry about money and I know you treat me really well but I don't want to stay home and do nothing. Like that's so boring."
Ryder takes a deep breath.
" Okay you're right and i'm sorry for not letting you have a job"
" Maybe you can even start street fighting. And speaking of fighting, I just got info from Mark. there's a new fight offering 70,000. Wanna come?" i tell Ryder and Esma and offer if they want to go.
" When?" Ryder asks.
" It's in a few days." I told him.
" Well I'm coming too and maybe I can get into a fight," Esma says.
" You sure?" Ryder and I ask her.
She nodded " Yayyyyy my bestie is gonna become a streetfighter like us" I said cheerfully.
" Oh god." Ryder groans.
" Okay it's like 11pm so i'm gonna go to bed" i say.
" Alright, imma go to bed too." Esma says getting up.
" Well while you too go to bed imma head to the gym and work out. I'll be back in an hour or so, okay?" Ryder says.
" Okay well i'll be asleep so don't forget your key because if you knock on the door while im sleeping im going to punch you and make you sleep outside the door"
( They live in an apartment complex and when Esma says sleep by the door he's still sleeping inside of a building but not inside their apartment)
" Don't worry i wont forget"
1 hour later
Esma and i are in our rooms and sleeping and then i woke up to a knock on the door.
I stay still trying to sleep.
I can hear Esma getting up and tripping over something in their room.
She's pissed.
It has to be Ryder. Yep he forgot his key.
Esma goes back to her room and she grabs a pillow and a hoodie and a light blanket.
Oop-she's making him sleep outside the door.
She opens the door and she throws it at him and slams the door in his face.
( Adenzia can't see what's going on i'm just telling what happened)
Oh my - ya know what? We told him to get his key but you know what happened? He didn't listen.
The next morning.
I woke up at 4am and I got ready and put my hair up in a braid. I left esma a note as i got my water bottle full of gatorade.
Going for a run then i'm hitting the gym back at 7 and it's your turn to buy breakfast...or you can make it.
And when I opened the front door Ryder was there laying on the carpet of the hallway.
He was wearing his dark gray joggers and a red NIKE hoodie.
He was covered in a thin blanket and was hugging and laying his head on a gray pillow.
Oh no i can't leave him out here. I'll feel bad.
I kick him slightly.
" Whattt?" He groans.
" C'mon wake up. Go inside and lay on the couch. Esma's still mad at you for forgetting your keys." I whisper.
He gets up half asleep and wanders to the couch and lays down.
I leave and lock the door.
I ran to the gym that was a few miles away.
And then I went inside and started to work out.
After a long time of exercising I checked the time.
7am.
Eh, I'm tired andIi'm going to go home.
I drove home and I was about to open the front door then I smelt the best smell ever.
Esma cooked.
I went inside and I saw Esma in the kitchen cooking.
" Sooo whatcha main?" I ask.
" I'm making big ass breakfast burritos. And it's almost done so hurry up and go take a shower." Esma says to me.
I nodded and ran to the bathroom and I took a shower.
I wrapped my hair in a towel and put on some ripped jeans and a Ramones T shirt.And i put on some red Nike's.
I quickly did my makeup.
Some mascara and some clear lip gloss and some eyeliner.
By the time i got to the kitchen esma was adding cheese to the burritos
Yess.
Her food is the best.
Ryder was in the kitchen watching Esma preparing the burritos.
" Rydder i swear to god if you don't leave this kitchen imma throw my chancla at you" Esma says.
" Opp imma head out. See ya mi amor" And he ran to me.
" Thank you for letting me in his moring"
" What did Esma say when she saw you?"
He took a deep breath.
" Well she saw i was sleeping on the couch and then she kissed my head then called me a dumbass for forgetting my key and she saw i was awake then she said she said she's gonna make me some food"
" Y'all make me feel hella single right now and it's not fair" I rolled my eyes.
He just laughed
" It's not funny"
" I mean you'll be dating Marco sometime soon"
" I highly doubt he's gonna ask me. I guarantee i'll be the one to ask."
" Material girl" Esma says while she handed Ryder and i our plates.
Aww she's a true one. She cut my burrito in half because she knows i'll probably only eat half
" Gracia's Mi Mundo " Ryder says while kissing her cheek.
( Thank you my world)
She giggled " De Nada"
( Your welcome)
" STOP MAKING ME FEEL SINGLE" I scream.
" Oh my god she needs a fucking exorcism" Ryder says.
Did he just quote Suze Howard from Euphoria season 2?
Esma just Laughed.
Mother fu-