⭐️9| excalibur

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this kingdom and its dominions according to the statues, customs and laws laid down by your forebears?"

Aurora stood beside her brother in the hall, watching Arthur, who was knelt in front of the King. It was his ceremony to become the Crown Prince, and the young witch seemed more excited than Arthur was.

Merlin placed his hand on her shoulder to stop her bouncing, and she whispered a quiet apology as Arthur agreed with the King's words.

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice," Aurora stifled a mocking laugh at mercy, "in your deeds and judgements?"

"I do, sire."

"And do you swear allegiance to Camelot now as for as long as you shall live?" Uther held a long, steel rod in front of Arthur, and Aurora assumed it to be some kind of royal sweary thing that the Crown Prince's had to hold.

"I, Arthur Pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service and to the protection of this kingdom and its peoples."

Uther nodded, lowering the staff. Aurora's cheeks began to hurt from the smile that decorated her face. The King turned to the side to lift a crown from its place on a pillow.

"Now, being of age and heir apparent, from henceforth, you shall be Crown Prince of Camelot."

The hall erupted into applause as Arthur stood to his feet, turning out to the crowd with a proud face.

"How does it feel to be servant to the Crown Prince of Camelot?" Gwen teased Merlin, with a smile on her lips.

"Washing his royal socks will be even more of a privilege." The warlock replied, earning a laugh from his sister.

"You're proud of him, really. Sure, you complain about him constantly." Aurora nudged him with her elbow and he looked down at her with a frown.

"I think you'll find yourself doing the complaining. Royal prat, clot-pole, arrogant piece of-"

"Okay, moving on! You know you're proud of him. I can see it in your face." Gwen directed the conversation back to it's previous start, and Merlin mentioned something else about royal socks. Arthur's gaze travelled over the people, landing briefly on Aurora, who dipped into a curtsey with a smile.

Glass shattered to the ground, spraying over all who stood at that end of the room. Merlin's hands instinctively moved up to cover his sister from the flying shards. Through the gap came a knight and horse, both clad in black.

The knights and Arthur surrounded the King, Merlin pulling his sister and Gwen behind him to shield them in case of a fight.

"What in the Devil's name?"