Chapter 25--You Again?!

"Whoa, this place is huge," you thought as you made your way inside the San Fransokyo Court of Criminal Justice with Mr. Lacitier and the Hamadas, staring in awe at the crystal chandeliers hanging down in the corridors, the tiled mirrors aligned on the walls, and even the black and white tiled floor under your feet, clacking sounds echoing as you walked through the entrance. All around you you also saw random structures that depicted the importance of justice and law and whatever the case was, and there were many staircases and doors that lead to many different court rooms.

"Correct me if I'm wrong," you said, turning to Mr. Lacitier, "but is this a criminal case that we are looking at or a civil case?"

"I think the police said criminal," Mr. Lacitier told you. "I mean, I'm pretty sure the Callaghan family has hurt more of you and more of others than you think."

You stared at him. "Are you sure?"

Mr. Lacitier nodded. "Positive. I may know nothing about Callaghan as much as you wished but I heard about him many times, and even Hiro and Tadashi were willing to share their findings with me, which by the way I hope you don't mind."

You smiled reassuringly. "Not at all."

"And I have been to a couple court trials myself," Mr. Lacitier added. "So yes, I know the difference between criminal and civil court cases."

"Alright, just making sure," you told him. "Thanks."

Mr. Lacitier beamed.

Just then, you felt Hiro nudge you on the arm. "They're coming."

You whipped your head in the direction he was pointing at to see Melanie, Gisele, and the rest of the gang approach you.

"Hey guys!" you cried, giving each of them a big hug.

"Hello (Y/N)! You ready for this?" Honey Lemon asked enthusiastically.

You nodded. "I can't wait to see Callaghan and Trudy's priceless faces."

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)!"

The sound of someone using your full name suddenly surprised you, and you turned around to see a man, all too familiar, running towards you, and you rolled your eyes.

"Who's that?" Hiro asked you, putting an arm around you protectively.

You gritted your teeth. "That's apparently my lawyer. He was the one who arranged for Mr. Lacitier to live with me. And he is probably one of the most ANNOYING people I have ever met," you added.

Hiro laughed. "Is he really that bad?"

"Remember the time when we thought that Mr. Lacitier was the one who killed my dad?" you reminded him.

"Right. Sorry," HIro smiled sheepishly.

"Nah, it's all good," you said.

Soon, your lawyer stopped in front of you, panting and wheezing. "(Y/N), it's good to see you," he panted, trying to catch his breath.

This time you resisted the temptation to roll your eyes as you glared at him. "Oh really. You call it good to see me again. How nice."

"Hey, you know I was the one who suggested to the police that you needed a trial," the lawyer warned you. "Besides, I was appointed for certain reasons."

"Oh really," you repeated flatly. "Enlighten me."

"I have heard of your family's situation," the lawyer proceeded to tell you. "Of course, your family was one of the most precarious ones ever in San Fransokyo since Callaghan's rivalry with many members of your family, and so when I read your story I wanted to protect you and your parents from harm."