Part 12

Louis' POV:

It was a silent drive to the apartment. Not a comfortable silence. No way. No, it was a very uncomfortable silence. I was staring Desmond down from the back seat the entire drive. I don't trust him. Not after what he did. Not at all. Don't think I'm gonna forgive him either. No, that's just stupid. Those people that say 'but they've said sorry' are not getting it. Let's say you get bullied at school for five years by the same person, then you don't see them for three years. Would you forgive them when they come back and say sorry and ask to be friends? No! Of course, you wouldn't. You're not gonna be friends with them, they made your life hell. So with that in mind, do you really believe I'm going to forgive that thing driving the car?

Anyway, I think Marcel is annoyed at me. He's not spoken to me. It's probably mainly because of the uncomfortable car ride but now we're in the apartment. Hold up, he's coming up to me, and he's walked straight passed to the kitchen. Meh, whatever. He can suck a dick.

I made my way across the apartment to the lounge where I sat and played a game on my phone.

"Louis can you put your stuff in your room please." Hey, he spoke to me!

"But I just sat down." I complained.

Marcel ran a hand down his face and said "Now please Louis." before taking his stuff to his bedroom.

I groaned before getting up and dragging the heavy suitcase to my room. Once in there I dropped the suitcase on the floor and collapsed on the bed. It's been a long day today and I know I slept the whole flight here but I'm tired. I think there may be something wrong with me. Anyway, Marcel came in and said Desmond wanted to talk now so I got up off the comfy bed and dawdled to the lounge.

"So I wanted to talk to you about some things, it's about what I did in the past. I wanted to start by first apologising to you Louis. I'm very sorry that I used your status against you and to get you to do stuff for me. That wasn't right. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I just wanted to say sorry." Damn, right I'm not gonna forgive him. "And the other thing is I'm going to try and be a better father for you, ever since Anne passed I've just completely ignored you and not given any sort of support. I've just been a shit father really and I want to fix that. I hope that's okay with you?"

"That's perfectly fine with me and I'm sure Louis is very grateful for your apology. Right, Lou?" Marcel gave me that look that parents do when they want you to do something like agree to a question or clear the dishes off the table at a family gathering. You know what I mean? The one with the wide eyes? Where they stare into your soul with wide eyes and their eyebrows go so far up their head they look like normal hair? If you know you know. If you don't, then you must have had a very nice childhood. Congratulations.

"Yeah sure." I said and got up to go to my room.

"That was a bit rude don't you think?" Marcel said upon entering.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Dad was trying to apologise and all you say is 'yeah sure' when I asked if you were grateful. The decent thing you can do is say thank you. And yes I know he hurt you in the past and it'll be hard for you to forgive him. If you ever do. But if you'd just say thank you for the apology I think it would make dad feel a bit better about himself." Marcel chided.

I looked at him with an are you serious face but not wanting to get in trouble I did what he said to do. Not that I wanted to, I've already made that clear. Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty dull. All I did was unpack and talk to Harry for a bit. I can't wait to see him and Edward. I miss them so much.

***

I woke up early somehow. It's not a problem. Except it is. Desmond was in the kitchen making coffee. So now I have to talk to him. I can't go back to my room cause it's rude to just turn around and go back to where you came from once you've seen someone you don't like. It'll make the person sad.

So, I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the island. Not many words were exchanged during the time it was just me and him there. It was kind of awkward seeing as it was the first time being just us in a room alone together without Des trying to hurt me. He sipped on his coffee whilst I played a game on my phone.

"Would you like some toast?" Desmond asked me.

"Uhm yeah sure. Just one slice though. I'm not that hungry." I replied.

Des hummed in response then got up to make the toast. About three minutes later a plate with a slice of buttered toast was placed in front of me. I managed to eat two thirds of the toast before I gave up. I got up and placed the plate in the sink before walking to Marcel's room.

"Marcel? Wake up. C'mon you big oaf get up." Louis said shaking Marcel.

"Big oaf? That's a new one." Marcel grumbled into the pillow.

"Are you getting up or not?" I asked.

"Yeah yeah. Give me five minutes." I nodded my head and left to go watch some tv.

I have my Arctic Monkeys concert in a couple of days and after that, me and Marcel will be going back to England. We've decided that we'll, me, Marcel, Harry and Edward, have a talk about the whole mate thing and how we're gonna make it work. Yes, I will be going back to school. I have no excuse to not go. This break in America has really helped me. I don't know how though, it's America.

"If you're lost, just look for me you'll find me in the region of the summer stars" - One Direction