still into you - jett x neon (fluff)

PLOT : based off the song above, singer neon x ex gf jett, the last concert of neon's jett goes to and has no regrets
REQUESTED BY :
STARTED : march 8th
EXTRA INFO : i winged this

IM BACK BABY LETS GO 😫

6. The amount of years her and Jett were together and those 6 years could've been someone finishing college and finding an amazing career, those 6 years could've been spent on a business, career, anything. Those 6 years instead were spent with Jett, making each other happy and then it ending on such a bitter note.

-
-

"A ticket for m'lady, special seat just for you." Neon gave her the ticket and kissed her forehead. Jett's eyes glowed at the ticket as usual except something felt off to Neon, Jett's reaction was different than usual. She brushed it off and just concluded it was she's used to this but still wants to make Neon happy. "Thank you Neon." Jett hugged Neon and giggled. Neon put her hand on the wind girl's hair, "Anything for you."

Just a few hours after that wholesome exchange, an argument between the two suddenly grew, Neon couldn't even remember what it was about except a single sentence, three words, that ended it all. "I hate you." Jett's face had no regret on saying it, Neon's face softened until it tears were forming and soon, following out. "Joon-Hee.. you don't mean that, right..?" Neon stared at Jett's cold, blue eyes waiting for an answer that never came.

"..." It was silent, the yelling and screaming suddenly came to this. "Fuck you." Jett had no reaction, "Fuck you fuck you fuck you." Neon was starting to feel angry, "If you hate me so much fucking leave!" Jett looked down at her feet and finally spoke, "If that's what you want."

-
-

Everything else was a blur to Neon, literally. There were too many tears and crying just 2 weeks before her performance too. She remembers rewriting a whole song, changing everything, and finishing it within those 2 weeks because of Jett and to preform it today. She inhaled, pushing those thoughts aside. Neon walked onto the stage and grabbed the mic. "Hello everyone!" The crowd was screaming, "I'll be performing a whole new song, you all will hear it first before anyone." A loud cheer, "I wrote based off of someone." Neon glanced at the seat she had for Jett, expecting it empty but no, there was a white haired person sitting there, staring right at her with red puffy eyes looking like she was crying.

Neon quickly glanced away of course, not expecting her to be there. "It's called 'I'm still into you', let's go!" Neon got ready to sing,

"Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together."
"Girlfriends, fiancés, whatever you want, just together forever." Jett gave her a genuine and reassuring smile.

"I need the other one to hold you. Make you feel, make you feel better"
"Crazy, 6 years now. Can't even count all of them on one hand anymore." Jett giggled

"It's not a walk in the park to love each other."
"remember Neon, our relationship is stronger because we did this. Us. We put all this effort in, relationships are even harder to handle than children." Neon cuddled into Jett, "I know, we gotta continue to stay this strong."

"But when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny your worth it."
The taller grabbed both her hands, "I would do anything in the world for you!"

" 'Cause even after all this time, I'm still into you."

Neon's eyes felt teary.

"I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you!"
The drums hit especially hard during this part, Neon wanted this. Showing how she felt.

"And baby even on our worst nights I'm still into you!"
Neon's tears finally came out, thinking about that day, that argument, how it ended so bitterly.

"Let'em wonder how we got this far cause I don't really need to wonder at all."
"You know how people have asked us how we managed this for so long and we never had an answer?" Neon hummed, "I think I finally have an answer." Neon looked over, "The answer is you! You're an angel." Jett started peppering Neon's face full of kisses.

"Yeah after all this time.."
Neon's voice started to falter, face full of tears thinking about Jett.

"I'm still into you..."
Neon dropped to her knees, her show wasn't over but she couldn't take it. Everyone was quiet and she now realized, singing a song about her ex lover was a horrible idea, she should've thought about it more, now here she is. Crying over Jett with her being right there.

Neon pulled the microphone closed to her mouth and looked at Jett straight in the eye. "Recount the night that I first met your mother?" Neon's voice was cracked but wanted Jett to know everything. "And on the drive back to my house, I told you that—, I told you that I-loved you." Jett turned her head away, being able to remember that day like it just happened. "You felt the weight of the world fall of your shoulder." Silence, crowd was quiet, nothing was happening except their interaction.

"And to your favorite song, we sang along to the start of forever?" Neon could see Jett crying too, trying to wipe them away but they keep coming. "And after all this time" Neon walked towards Jett and bent down, "I'm still" She gave her a hand, hoping Jett would take it, become the happy couple they were again. She didn't think Jett would but her being her, full of surprises, the Korean took it and Neon pulled her up to the stage. "Into you!" They both had a smile on their face, like they just fell in love all over again.

"I should be over all the butterflies!" Jett snatched the microphone, knowing the second part, "But I'm into you!" The crowd was cheering at Jett's melodic voice, sounding amazing even after crying.

-
-

The performance went well after that hiccup, Jett and Neon stayed to talk. Communication, so crucial to a relationship yet they chose to ignore it on that day. "Joon?" Jett looked up, "Are we okay now? I don't want to be apart anymore." Jett put a hand on Neon's face, "We'll always be ok. I couldn't ever be mad at that little face." Jett hugged the shorter, Neon started smiling and hugged back. "I couldn't be mad at you too."

"After all, I am still into you."

i kept seeing @bunseoul's art on instagram of them so i had to write a oneshot about them <3

FINISHED : march 9th
WORD COUNT 1121